Portable transducer mount

A sib is a soft floor inflatable boat that will roll up and fit into a bag to ease with carrying or storage.
There are many different floor designs, exampoles include - Air floor mat, Wooden/Metal boards over an Inflatable Keel or a High Pressure V Floor.
User avatar
komplexpro
I'm New
Posts: 20
Joined: 03 Apr 2017, 12:48
Boat Make: Excel SD-330
Outboard: Mercury 9.9 4 st
MMSI Number: 235901944
Location: Stratford - East London
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Portable transducer mount

Post by komplexpro » 31 May 2017, 09:10

Hi,

:sos Does anyone have installed or experience with one of these Portable Transducer mounts or similar?
s-l1600.jpg
s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg (10.64 KiB) Viewed 8965 times
I would like to use my Garmin striker 4 fishfinder on my Excel SD330 so if you have any other options/suggestions on how to mount my transducer would be welcome :thumbsup .

Cheers

User avatar
Fishery Pokery Great Britain
Active Member
Posts: 49
Joined: 29 May 2017, 16:11
Boat Make: Honwave T38IE
Outboard: Yamaha 15hp, Mariner 8hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: North East
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Portable transducer mount

Post by Fishery Pokery » 31 May 2017, 18:05

I know Kaman was saying on the other forum that he uses one of these...
http://www.thetackle-shop.co.uk/section ... ith-5.html
Which is similar to yours but without the noting plate at the top.

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Portable transducer mount

Post by Martin » 31 May 2017, 19:36

Kaman, are you moonlighting :lol:

The transducer mount fishery pokery has posted up is the type I inherited from Paul last year, worked ok in my Honwave and they seem popular with the guys.

If you do buy the other type please let us know how you get on with it..

Martin :cheers
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

User avatar
Fishery Pokery Great Britain
Active Member
Posts: 49
Joined: 29 May 2017, 16:11
Boat Make: Honwave T38IE
Outboard: Yamaha 15hp, Mariner 8hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: North East
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Portable transducer mount

Post by Fishery Pokery » 31 May 2017, 20:30

Sorry Kaman, I have outed you! :o :whistle
These users thanked the author Fishery Pokery for the post:
Martin (31 May 2017, 20:41)

User avatar
kaman
Super Poster
Posts: 846
Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 23:01
Boat Make: Honwave 3.5a Honwave t3.8
Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp
Suzuki 2.5hp
Suzuki 2.2hp
MMSI Number: 235114675
Location: South West Scotland
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 135 times

Re: Portable transducer mount

Post by kaman » 31 May 2017, 20:59

Fishery Pokery wrote:Sorry Kaman, I have outed you! :o :whistle


You've outed yourself too :lol: :drive

I do recall giving Fribs and Sibs a plug on that other forum.
That's probably how you found yourself here :thumbsup

Stray
Super Poster
Posts: 817
Joined: 10 Jun 2015, 10:52
Location: Oop North.
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 99 times

Re: Portable transducer mount

Post by Stray » 31 May 2017, 21:01

I found it a bit flimsy, but then I've got a big transducer. :D

User avatar
kaman
Super Poster
Posts: 846
Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 23:01
Boat Make: Honwave 3.5a Honwave t3.8
Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp
Suzuki 2.5hp
Suzuki 2.2hp
MMSI Number: 235114675
Location: South West Scotland
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 135 times

Re: Portable transducer mount

Post by kaman » 31 May 2017, 21:12

There's no substitute for mounting the transducer direct to the transom in my book.
Unfortunately those T3.8 trim tabs prevent that.
The mount on its own would be prone to flapping around at speed, however mounting it tight against the trim tab and securing it to the launch wheel leg shores it up solid.
My Garmin echo transducer is smallish and light weight thus the mount works perfect with my transducer on a T3.8.
Can't say the clamp would work as well on another Rig with a larger transducer.

User avatar
Fishery Pokery Great Britain
Active Member
Posts: 49
Joined: 29 May 2017, 16:11
Boat Make: Honwave T38IE
Outboard: Yamaha 15hp, Mariner 8hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: North East
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Portable transducer mount

Post by Fishery Pokery » 31 May 2017, 21:19

The transducer I am going to use is quite big, I'll have to see how it works.

Thanks

User avatar
komplexpro
I'm New
Posts: 20
Joined: 03 Apr 2017, 12:48
Boat Make: Excel SD-330
Outboard: Mercury 9.9 4 st
MMSI Number: 235901944
Location: Stratford - East London
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Portable transducer mount

Post by komplexpro » 01 Jun 2017, 11:01

Hi all,

Thank you for your comments, I do agree with Kaman that mounting the transducer directly to the transom would be must tidy option but I wouldn’t want to have to keep the unit packet away together with the SIB.

I will buy the one from the tackle shop and see how I get on with it, plus I think I might also be able to clamp my GoPro to it.

Gybemaster Great Britain
Active Member
Posts: 47
Joined: 21 Apr 2016, 19:30
Boat Make: F-RIB 330
Outboard: Tohatsu M9.8 BS 2-stroke
MMSI Number: 235904051
Location: Isle of Wight
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Portable transducer mount

Post by Gybemaster » 02 Jun 2017, 11:10

I bought a magnetic mounting system which is brilliant. All you have mounted on the transom is a slim plate. Then it's dead easy to snap on the arm bracket either when launching the boat or even in the water. It's perfect for me and I use it with the Lowrance Elite Ti 7 TotalScan transducer.

http://www.fishfindermounts.com/transducer-mounts


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply

Return to “SIB - Soft Inflatable Boat”