Cheers
Portable transducer mount
- komplexpro
- I'm New
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 03 Apr 2017, 12:48
- Boat Make: Excel SD-330
- Outboard: Mercury 9.9 4 st
- MMSI Number: 235901944
- Location: Stratford - East London
- Has thanked: 2 times
- Been thanked: 1 time
Portable transducer mount
Hi,
Does anyone have installed or experience with one of these Portable Transducer mounts or similar?
I would like to use my Garmin striker 4 fishfinder on my Excel SD330 so if you have any other options/suggestions on how to mount my transducer would be welcome
.
Cheers
Cheers
-
Fishery Pokery
- Active Member
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 29 May 2017, 16:11
- Boat Make: Honwave T38IE
- Outboard: Yamaha 15hp, Mariner 8hp
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: North East
- Has thanked: 13 times
- Been thanked: 7 times
Re: Portable transducer mount
I know Kaman was saying on the other forum that he uses one of these...
http://www.thetackle-shop.co.uk/section ... ith-5.html
Which is similar to yours but without the noting plate at the top.
http://www.thetackle-shop.co.uk/section ... ith-5.html
Which is similar to yours but without the noting plate at the top.
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: Portable transducer mount
Kaman, are you moonlighting
The transducer mount fishery pokery has posted up is the type I inherited from Paul last year, worked ok in my Honwave and they seem popular with the guys.
If you do buy the other type please let us know how you get on with it..
Martin
The transducer mount fishery pokery has posted up is the type I inherited from Paul last year, worked ok in my Honwave and they seem popular with the guys.
If you do buy the other type please let us know how you get on with it..
Martin
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
-
Fishery Pokery
- Active Member
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 29 May 2017, 16:11
- Boat Make: Honwave T38IE
- Outboard: Yamaha 15hp, Mariner 8hp
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: North East
- Has thanked: 13 times
- Been thanked: 7 times
Re: Portable transducer mount
Sorry Kaman, I have outed you!

- These users thanked the author Fishery Pokery for the post:
- Martin (31 May 2017, 20:41)
- kaman
- Super Poster
- Posts: 846
- Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 23:01
- Boat Make: Honwave 3.5a Honwave t3.8
- Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp
Suzuki 2.5hp
Suzuki 2.2hp - MMSI Number: 235114675
- Location: South West Scotland
- Has thanked: 25 times
- Been thanked: 135 times
Re: Portable transducer mount
Fishery Pokery wrote:Sorry Kaman, I have outed you!![]()
You've outed yourself too
I do recall giving Fribs and Sibs a plug on that other forum.
That's probably how you found yourself here
- kaman
- Super Poster
- Posts: 846
- Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 23:01
- Boat Make: Honwave 3.5a Honwave t3.8
- Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp
Suzuki 2.5hp
Suzuki 2.2hp - MMSI Number: 235114675
- Location: South West Scotland
- Has thanked: 25 times
- Been thanked: 135 times
Re: Portable transducer mount
There's no substitute for mounting the transducer direct to the transom in my book.
Unfortunately those T3.8 trim tabs prevent that.
The mount on its own would be prone to flapping around at speed, however mounting it tight against the trim tab and securing it to the launch wheel leg shores it up solid.
My Garmin echo transducer is smallish and light weight thus the mount works perfect with my transducer on a T3.8.
Can't say the clamp would work as well on another Rig with a larger transducer.
Unfortunately those T3.8 trim tabs prevent that.
The mount on its own would be prone to flapping around at speed, however mounting it tight against the trim tab and securing it to the launch wheel leg shores it up solid.
My Garmin echo transducer is smallish and light weight thus the mount works perfect with my transducer on a T3.8.
Can't say the clamp would work as well on another Rig with a larger transducer.
-
Fishery Pokery
- Active Member
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 29 May 2017, 16:11
- Boat Make: Honwave T38IE
- Outboard: Yamaha 15hp, Mariner 8hp
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: North East
- Has thanked: 13 times
- Been thanked: 7 times
Re: Portable transducer mount
The transducer I am going to use is quite big, I'll have to see how it works.
Thanks
Thanks
- komplexpro
- I'm New
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 03 Apr 2017, 12:48
- Boat Make: Excel SD-330
- Outboard: Mercury 9.9 4 st
- MMSI Number: 235901944
- Location: Stratford - East London
- Has thanked: 2 times
- Been thanked: 1 time
Re: Portable transducer mount
Hi all,
Thank you for your comments, I do agree with Kaman that mounting the transducer directly to the transom would be must tidy option but I wouldn’t want to have to keep the unit packet away together with the SIB.
I will buy the one from the tackle shop and see how I get on with it, plus I think I might also be able to clamp my GoPro to it.
Thank you for your comments, I do agree with Kaman that mounting the transducer directly to the transom would be must tidy option but I wouldn’t want to have to keep the unit packet away together with the SIB.
I will buy the one from the tackle shop and see how I get on with it, plus I think I might also be able to clamp my GoPro to it.
-
Gybemaster
- Active Member
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 21 Apr 2016, 19:30
- Boat Make: F-RIB 330
- Outboard: Tohatsu M9.8 BS 2-stroke
- MMSI Number: 235904051
- Location: Isle of Wight
- Has thanked: 29 times
- Been thanked: 9 times
Re: Portable transducer mount
I bought a magnetic mounting system which is brilliant. All you have mounted on the transom is a slim plate. Then it's dead easy to snap on the arm bracket either when launching the boat or even in the water. It's perfect for me and I use it with the Lowrance Elite Ti 7 TotalScan transducer.
http://www.fishfindermounts.com/transducer-mounts
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.fishfindermounts.com/transducer-mounts
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



