West Bay this weekend
-
Erniesib
- I'm New
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 19 Jul 2020, 15:46
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Bridport
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 3 times
West Bay this weekend
Hi all, new to forum from Bridport. Got Honwave T32 and 15hp Tohatsu. Putting boat on pontoon for weekend at West Bay as have season ticket holder and then only a tenner a night (go for easy option these day!). Any members out there in area want to meet up for trip out fishing be happy to buddy up. New to area here so be glad of company in new SIB.
-
Sarah
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 386
- Joined: 18 Feb 2018, 20:05
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 362 times
- Been thanked: 123 times
- Contact:
Re: West Bay this weekend
Please feel free to ask questions about training & RYA qualifications, if you're not local we will try to point you in the right direction!
Dorset Marine Training, Poole - 01202 901267, www.dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk
sarah@dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk
Dorset Marine Training, Poole - 01202 901267, www.dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk
sarah@dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk
-
PeterM
- Super Poster
- Posts: 841
- Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 14:53
- Location: Bournemouth & Poole
- Has thanked: 70 times
- Been thanked: 254 times
Re: West Bay this weekend
I will be in west bay on Sat ! Alas... not with my own boat.. but fiddling about with a very big very black 600hp RIB ! (A struggle but someone has to try it out
.. not mine but I'm just helping out )
Hopefully just a few minor tweaks before running fully next week... coding inspection done today
Hopefully just a few minor tweaks before running fully next week... coding inspection done today
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: West Bay this weekend
Hiya Ernie, I'm sure theres a few other members around your way, Hopefully a few will see the post and join you on your jaunt.
Enjoy !!
I'm not jealous at all
Martin
Enjoy !!
I'm not jealous at all
Martin
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
-
PeterM
- Super Poster
- Posts: 841
- Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 14:53
- Location: Bournemouth & Poole
- Has thanked: 70 times
- Been thanked: 254 times
Re: West Bay this weekend
Ernie .. I'm sure I saw the boat... but didn't get round to saying hi...i think it may have been a bit bumpy out there for a sib... ?
I had my head inside the console fitting wires and stuff.. but did get out for a little test run on the new charter boat there.... just enough HH to get it going.. it amazes to think these 2 are the same as 100 x of the 6hp.... both 6hp and 600 are fun.. but per pound id take the 6hp tbh.
I had my head inside the console fitting wires and stuff.. but did get out for a little test run on the new charter boat there.... just enough HH to get it going.. it amazes to think these 2 are the same as 100 x of the 6hp.... both 6hp and 600 are fun.. but per pound id take the 6hp tbh.
-
Erniesib
- I'm New
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 19 Jul 2020, 15:46
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Bridport
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 3 times
Re: West Bay this weekend
Hi, sorry late getting back. Yeah stuck my head out too but decided too lumpy for me on the day. I that a bit of a problem for a small boat at West Bay as exposed to south/south westlies Did most of my boating on South coast of Wales and usually able to find shelter behind the headlands at Penarth, Porthcawl, Swansea Bay, Oxwich and Saunderfoot.
-
PeterM
- Super Poster
- Posts: 841
- Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 14:53
- Location: Bournemouth & Poole
- Has thanked: 70 times
- Been thanked: 254 times
Re: West Bay this weekend
Yep - I know how you feel in the rough - if its practical I often drive to Teignmouth as you get a lot of nice flat sheltered water down & up the coast even in a strong SW 
-
NeilJ
- I'm New
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 18:51
- Boat Make: Honwave T32
- Outboard: Mariner 6hp
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Chard S, Somerset
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 0
Re: West Bay this weekend
Hi Ernie, Portland/ Weymouth is pretty sheltered most of the time.Erniesib wrote: ↑06 Aug 2020, 14:54Hi, sorry late getting back. Yeah stuck my head out too but decided too lumpy for me on the day. I that a bit of a problem for a small boat at West Bay as exposed to south/south westlies Did most of my boating on South coast of Wales and usually able to find shelter behind the headlands at Penarth, Porthcawl, Swansea Bay, Oxwich and Saunderfoot.



