Search found 15 matches

by HiltonHeadMatt
10 May 2020, 01:23
Forum: Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER
Topic: I Blame the finger!
Replies: 13
Views: 1375
United States of America

Re: I Blame the finger!

Impressive! I've never drunk shopped a SIB w/ outboard b4... maybe im not being adventurous enough lol

Welcome!
by HiltonHeadMatt
07 May 2020, 00:27
Forum: Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter
Topic: Am I Crazy? My first boat/storage Plan - good info for others new to SIB/RIB too
Replies: 8
Views: 1781
United States of America

Re: Am I Crazy? My first boat/storage Plan - good info for others new to SIB/RIB too

Damn that thing is cooool I had seen em but wrote em off cause the tubes but you might be onto something with the rubber ... since op my dad has taken interest and he has proper adult money but we are still going to start small with something like the 360 alu RIB by Zodiac with maybe even a 20hp ohy...
by HiltonHeadMatt
03 May 2020, 06:22
Forum: Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter
Topic: Am I Crazy? My first boat/storage Plan - good info for others new to SIB/RIB too
Replies: 8
Views: 1781
United States of America

Re: Am I Crazy? My first boat/storage Plan - good info for others new to SIB/RIB too

Seems I might be able to store IN my truck bed when I know I will be going out a bunch and only have to hoist it for longer term storage. Boat is 39 in wide and truck bed is 41.5... https://www.rib.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=132957&d=1588485626 https://www.rib.net/forum/attachment.php...
by HiltonHeadMatt
02 May 2020, 16:05
Forum: Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter
Topic: Am I Crazy? My first boat/storage Plan - good info for others new to SIB/RIB too
Replies: 8
Views: 1781
United States of America

Re: Am I Crazy? My first boat/storage Plan - good info for others new to SIB/RIB too

Hi, you've been busy on the research! I think your choice of boat is a good one. Re storage: I used to have a Portabote (14 ft version) I used to keep it in my garage hoisted on straps to the ceiling, I could lower it onto my roof rack, secure and drive away. Looking at your pics, do you have a spa...
by HiltonHeadMatt
01 May 2020, 19:44
Forum: Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter
Topic: Am I Crazy? My first boat/storage Plan - good info for others new to SIB/RIB too
Replies: 8
Views: 1781
United States of America

Am I Crazy? My first boat/storage Plan - good info for others new to SIB/RIB too

Howdy Y'all! Skip down below if you just want to see my STORAGE question. I will try to keep the background brief as I kinda went into some of this in my introduction post but hopefully what I have learned will be helpful to others new to all this! I am new to boating and motors, although I have don...
by HiltonHeadMatt
01 May 2020, 16:02
Forum: Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER
Topic: Green Boater looking for guidance!
Replies: 14
Views: 1449
United States of America

Re: Green Boater looking for guidance!

O i def can't store a Tinny in my spare room - its only 1000 sqft apartment lol

I am picking up a lot of good info for when I eventually get another property with its own car park where I can keep a more robust trailered boat

so thank you all!
by HiltonHeadMatt
01 May 2020, 15:54
Forum: Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER
Topic: Green Boater looking for guidance!
Replies: 14
Views: 1449
United States of America

Re: Green Boater looking for guidance!

See why you’re drawn to the ally hull ribs but the tubes particularly at the rear will still be in the water and prone to damage, more so at non planing speeds. You could always add full length heavy duty wear pads/liners under the waterline to act as a sacrificial layer. I figured the tubes would ...
by HiltonHeadMatt
01 May 2020, 15:39
Forum: Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER
Topic: Green Boater looking for guidance!
Replies: 14
Views: 1449
United States of America

Re: Green Boater looking for guidance!

i dont believe it . ive never heard of hilton head island until this morning when i read your profile . i then go onto facebook and the first thing i see are some security guards removing a huge alligator called george from someones garden !!! where? , hilton head island . was it your garden? hhaha...
by HiltonHeadMatt
01 May 2020, 15:30
Forum: Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER
Topic: Green Boater looking for guidance!
Replies: 14
Views: 1449
United States of America

Re: Green Boater looking for guidance!

eddzoid wrote: ↑
01 May 2020, 14:38
Nautical Ventures
50 South Bryan Rd,
Dania Beach, FL 33004
O hey! You're on the other forum too, thanks!! As I mentioned there unfortunately they are double to cost of the zodiacs - unless i absolutely cant store a RIB i think they are out of the budget :(

Cheers!
by HiltonHeadMatt
01 May 2020, 07:01
Forum: Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER
Topic: Green Boater looking for guidance!
Replies: 14
Views: 1449
United States of America

Re: Green Boater looking for guidance!

Before I do that do you mind telling how to make pictures smaller? :help

thanks - cheers!

Go to advanced search