Newbie

New to the forum?? Please pop in and say “Hi”
Introduce yourself and tell us about your boating interests/experiences or any other hobbies you may have.
Post Reply
slangford England
I'm New
Posts: 6
Joined: 12 Sep 2022, 07:32
Location: Leatherhead
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Newbie

Post by slangford » 12 Sep 2022, 07:42

Hello everyone!

After much deliberation, I decided to buy a Honwave! (I know, I know.... but they're not that bad...)

I was originally after a F-RIB, but they're a bit rare these days and I'm itching to get back out on the sea again. Did a lot of boating (ie fishing) with my dad growing up, and have now reached the stage of life where I can afford a small boat (but not much else).

Currently building a garage to put the boat in, and then I'll be looking for an engine or two... I've already been lusting after everything from little 2.5's (as a backup engine) up to 20hp, and literally everything inbetween. I suspect I'll be buying and selling several engines before I settle on the one I like, as I try to find a balance between power, weight, reliability and economy!

Looking forward to getting out into the English Channel, probably from Littlehampton in the first instance - hope to meet some of you guys out there.


Steve

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Newbie

Post by Martin » 12 Sep 2022, 07:48

Hi Steve, Welcome aboard !
You’ll be delighted with the Honwave, they’re cracking sibs.
Which model and length will you go for?

I traded up from the T38ie to an F-Rib 375, both are fantastic. In times of chop you’ll be glad you chose the Honwave 😂

Enjoy the forum and just yell
If you need any pointers.

Martin :cheers
Last edited by Martin on 12 Sep 2022, 07:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typo
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

slangford England
I'm New
Posts: 6
Joined: 12 Sep 2022, 07:32
Location: Leatherhead
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Newbie

Post by slangford » 12 Sep 2022, 08:08

Thanks Martin!

Forgot to put in my original post - I was daft enough to talk myself into buying the biggest of all Honwaves, the T40 (AE3). I thought it would be fine to transport in the back of a car, set it up on the quayside etc etc (and I thought this, despite reading the warnings from current T40 owners...)

Suffice to say, the time between me buying the Honwave, and then getting a trailer for it, was a shameful 6 hours...
These users thanked the author slangford for the post:
Martin (07 Oct 2022, 11:37)

PeterM
Super Poster
Posts: 841
Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 14:53
Location: Bournemouth & Poole
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 254 times

Re: Newbie

Post by PeterM » 12 Sep 2022, 10:55

Welcome! Good choice of boat... I'd say that a I've got a t32 !

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Newbie

Post by Martin » 07 Oct 2022, 11:38

slangford wrote: ↑
12 Sep 2022, 08:08
Thanks Martin!

Forgot to put in my original post - I was daft enough to talk myself into buying the biggest of all Honwaves, the T40 (AE3). I thought it would be fine to transport in the back of a car, set it up on the quayside etc etc (and I thought this, despite reading the warnings from current T40 owners...)

Suffice to say, the time between me buying the Honwave, and then getting a trailer for it, was a shameful 6 hours...
They're great boats but bloody heavy beasts, At least your sorted with a trailer now ohyeh :thumbsup

Martin :cheers
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

Post Reply

Return to “Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER”