Outboard motor advice for 3.6m Valiant Lodestar

All things outboard related here!
4 Stroke, 2 Stroke & Electric
Post Reply
rib_trees91 Denmark
I'm New
Posts: 2
Joined: 10 Apr 2022, 08:56
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Aarhus
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Outboard motor advice for 3.6m Valiant Lodestar

Post by rib_trees91 » 10 Apr 2022, 13:53

Hi there,

I have to choose between a new 25 and 20 HP 4 stroke Mercury for a 3.6m Valiant Lodestar model AA360002N (max weight 700 kg, max HP rated at 25 HP).

Ideally, I want to go with the 20 HP since this does not require a license to boat, and it's cheaper and less weight. My only concern is that it won't be enough for our use case which is wakeboarding with 2 people onboard or smaller trips with 3 people.

Looking to ride comfortably at around 24 mph.

Any advice?

Cheers!

kippax69 Wales
I'm New
Posts: 3
Joined: 10 May 2022, 09:44
Boat Make: Selva 360
Outboard: Selva 35Hp Maiorca
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Conwy county
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Outboard motor advice for 3.6m Valiant Lodestar

Post by kippax69 » 11 May 2022, 06:51

Hi Rib trees,
Personally I wouldn't go above the recommended HP rating, if something 'untoward' were to happen
you may find that your insurers will not pay out as you have gone 'out of spec'.

Post Reply

Return to “Outboards”