I've just joined.
I have a slightly weatherbeaten Lifeguard rescue boat SIB from MV Balmoral the passenger steamer. Now fitted with a console and 20 hp Merc main and 3.3 Merc aux. Don't use it often but great fun and a real character boat. Often mistaken for a rib due to size and appearance.
One issue we have is water collecting in the hull and never draining. In service she was picked up on the davits, tipped up and drained out but we can't do that and I have to pick up the front of the trailer on a fork truck to empty the hull. That is ok when ashore but afloat she has a fair amount of water below the ali floor. I am not sure if this is a design feature for stability or needs to be addressed. She does have an elephant trunk but the hull has an inflatable bag to make it deep v so never fully empties even at speed.
Any advice welcome.
Boat is now called SIBYL ..... well, we found it amusing
Ross




