Beachmaster or type wheels , actual use.

The Bar...
Chat about anything here (within reason) Please keep it polite and PC
Post Reply
CRF999 Great Britain
Active Member
Posts: 125
Joined: 27 Nov 2020, 16:00
Boat Make: kayak soon to be Honwave
Outboard: meant to be Honda if they can supply
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Penrith
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Beachmaster or type wheels , actual use.

Post by CRF999 » 23 Dec 2020, 21:22

Ok so the T32 is on order. I will need wheels and i have searched every thread on here for info.

There are none that actually say these are the dogs Bo@@@@ ks look no where else.
There are lots saying well ok but. and quite a few saying pants "avoid" or words to that effect.

I will need mine to be removable so the boat WILL fold up and go in the boot.

I have seen a removable set from Chas newen marine that look identical to but not labeled as Beachmaster and I have to say for the price of £170 compared to the others , comments above, they do seem to be a good option ( for me ) I can live with them not keeping the skeg off the ground when the engine is fully down, i am well versed in shallow drive use.

I would like to know if anyone actually HAS a set of these, or fixed version, fitted and if so your very honest opinion of them.
Ease of fit, reliability, robustness, durability, can they deal with tight turns on roughish ground, types of ground they really can not deal with, and any thing else you think is worth knowing about them.

Many thanks

Clive

N1ck Great Britain
Newish Member, But I Like It Here
Posts: 26
Joined: 11 May 2019, 14:26
Boat Make: Avon SR4 F-Rib 330
Outboard: Yamaha 40HP 4 Stroke
Yamaha 9.9 4 Stroke
Location: Devizes
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Beachmaster or type wheels , actual use.

Post by N1ck » 24 Dec 2020, 10:30

eBay item number:133353323984 Have you looked at these ?
Started out with bugger all and still have most of it left

Limecc Great Britain
Advanced Member
Posts: 235
Joined: 06 Jan 2019, 12:25
Boat Make: Ranieri Revolution 15
Outboard: Suzuki DF60a
MMSI Number: 10
Location: J28 Notts
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 62 times

Re: Beachmaster or type wheels , actual use.

Post by Limecc » 25 Dec 2020, 20:49

N1ck wrote: ↑
24 Dec 2020, 10:30
eBay item number:133353323984 Have you looked at these ?
They look quite good but are 10" diameter.
One year after travelling 6 hours to our holiday destination I realised I forgot to pack the 300mm wheels in the Excel's bags. I had the legs but no wheels. I was getting severe earache from Mrs L. However Amazon Prime to the rescue! I found out replacement wheels were quite cheap and I ordered 10" ones to use them on a sacktruck after the holiday. Big difference compared to the 12" ones and I ended up getting them stuck in sand at the shoreline, I twisted the front of the boat in an effort to free them and ended up twisting and ruining the 25mm sq tube the leg was made from. Fortunately I was able to straighten and weld it up after the holiday.

The difference that extra 2" made was immense. Little castor wheel type designs will be next to useless. The bigger the wheel the more easily they will go over large stones, shingle, piles of seaweed and will be less likely to sink in soft sand.

I don't have a recommendation, just go for the fattest and largest wheels you can. Don't cut corners on price.

Post Reply

Return to “Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter”