Hello!

New to the forum?? Please pop in and say “Hi”
Introduce yourself and tell us about your boating interests/experiences or any other hobbies you may have.
Post Reply
BigBuoysToys England
I'm New
Posts: 7
Joined: 04 Jun 2020, 08:32
Boat Make: Honda Honweave T40 AE2
Outboard: Volvo Penta 35hp
Evinrude 25hp
Seagull
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Boston
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Hello!

Post by BigBuoysToys » 04 Jun 2020, 09:12

I've always had a liking for water. my dad was a submariner on diesel subs and the salt water obviously seeped through. Started with Sibs when I started diving in the early 80's. First boat was an Avon 12 footer with a Volvo Archimedes Penta 360. Very smooth and so easy to start. Still is! I've a 25hp Evinrude and a seagull as well.

I bought the Avon second hand but it lasted for years often carrying 4 kitted divers and quite honestly boat and engine never let me down, even water skiing. The boat had an inflatable keel, didn't they all then, and a polished wooden floor. I made a bow cover of wood with a short collapsable centre pole and front pulley wheel which held and controlled the anchor reel and line. It worked well and stopped tube rubbing.

Had an 18 foot Dunlop for some years afterwards which seemed like a ferry in comparison. Just bought a Honwave T40 and am amazed at how inflatables have advanced in the time. Just modifying the trailer at the moment to give better transom support and can't wait to get her out on the sea. Looking forward to that exhilaration again. Happy boating to you all!

sonny1 England
Super Poster
Posts: 864
Joined: 29 Mar 2019, 17:29
Boat Make: xs 515
Outboard: mercury f60 elpt
MMSI Number: 232027436
Location: hitchin ,herts
Has thanked: 709 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: Hello!

Post by sonny1 » 04 Jun 2020, 10:03

let me be the first to say hi , im sure youll enjoy it on here :welcome

BigBuoysToys England
I'm New
Posts: 7
Joined: 04 Jun 2020, 08:32
Boat Make: Honda Honweave T40 AE2
Outboard: Volvo Penta 35hp
Evinrude 25hp
Seagull
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Boston
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Hello!

Post by BigBuoysToys » 04 Jun 2020, 10:47

Thanks a bunch; I'm sure I will but even more so when I finally get the boat on the water. A bit to do first but launch day can't come too quickly. Look forward to partaking in the forum. All the best.
These users thanked the author BigBuoysToys for the post:
sonny1 (04 Jun 2020, 11:03)

User avatar
ChrisParish Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 2049
Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
MMSI Number: 235916094
Location: Poole
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 636 times

Re: Hello!

Post by ChrisParish » 04 Jun 2020, 13:11

Hi BigBouysToys and :welcome to the forum!

Post some pics when you can - during these troubled times our land-locked members are having to live vicariously!
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.

BigBuoysToys England
I'm New
Posts: 7
Joined: 04 Jun 2020, 08:32
Boat Make: Honda Honweave T40 AE2
Outboard: Volvo Penta 35hp
Evinrude 25hp
Seagull
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Boston
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Hello!

Post by BigBuoysToys » 04 Jun 2020, 13:46

I will but it may be a few days while I get other things like a backlog of trips to the tip sorted!! Us jetsetters eh!!

Post Reply

Return to “Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER”