First outing
-
Themd1
- Newish Member, But I Like It Here
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 26 Feb 2019, 23:47
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: wolverhampton
- Has thanked: 24 times
- Been thanked: 4 times
First outing
Hello folks, I posted a few weeks ago, I took the advice of everybody people on here and some boating friends. We took the sib to Upton marina for our first launch, fantastic place great people who pointed me in the right direction. We had about two hours on the river , my young girls who were nervous really enjoyed it. Looking forward to going back again. I can see this hobby leading to something bigger!!!
-
Bigsofty
- Active Member
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 15 May 2016, 09:47
- Boat Make: Honwave t38 ie
- Outboard: Honda 15hp
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: North West
- Has thanked: 21 times
- Been thanked: 11 times
Re: First outing
It looks like you had the perfect weather conditions and venue for the first outing. 
With sufficient thrust, pigs will fly just fine.
-
sparerib
- Advanced Member
- Posts: 293
- Joined: 08 Jun 2016, 22:27
- Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 340
- Outboard: Yamaha 30hp 4 stroke
Yamaha 2.5hp 4 stroke - Location: Fife
- Has thanked: 36 times
- Been thanked: 69 times
Re: First outing
Glad you had a great trip.....just be wary something bigger is not always better.......I fell into that trap, went from a Humber 5m sib to a Fletcher Faro, which sat on its trailer for a few years...was a pig to launch and recover expensive to run and was sold when I finally realised I was spending more time cleaning the green sludge of it that using it !!!
-
Sarah
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 386
- Joined: 18 Feb 2018, 20:05
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 362 times
- Been thanked: 123 times
- Contact:
Re: First outing
Fantastic news, love to see people enjoying being afloat, thanks for sharing pics.
Please feel free to ask questions about training & RYA qualifications, if you're not local we will try to point you in the right direction!
Dorset Marine Training, Poole - 01202 901267, www.dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk
sarah@dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk
Dorset Marine Training, Poole - 01202 901267, www.dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk
sarah@dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk





