Thought I'd better make life a bit easier, after a trip to the local tip (sorry, recycling centre) I managed to recycle a couple of wheels someone was chucking away. Looked Ideal for a dolly, so I had a root round in my junk and found all the other bits I needed....Fire up the Quattro! ....I mean Welder.
Materials: 2 wheels - Steel Box section with axle through- Dumbbell with locking end screws. Steel tent pole, shackle and other bits and pieces.
It's adjustable in height with the screw threads top and bottom, plus it will revolve to steer., and might even be capable of off road slow towing on the back of the truck, not tried that yet!
Homemade Bow Dolly
-
Stray
- Super Poster
- Posts: 817
- Joined: 10 Jun 2015, 10:52
- Location: Oop North.
- Has thanked: 34 times
- Been thanked: 99 times
-
The Hobbit
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 724
- Joined: 10 Jul 2017, 15:03
- Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
- Outboard: 1985 Yamaha 2 stroke 15 D
- MMSI Number: 235904468
- Location: Farnborough Hampshire
- Has thanked: 100 times
- Been thanked: 174 times
Re: Homemade Bow Dolly
Been thinking of something similar for mine. Twisted my knee on the WWA just gone
great pics
I'm not really a Hobbit, just look like one. Real name is "Andy".
All my movies in one place:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvarVX ... subscriber
All my movies in one place:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvarVX ... subscriber
-
Cliff
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 321
- Joined: 31 Dec 2017, 11:47
- Boat Make: Highfield CL310 Rib
- Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp efi
Demon 5.2hp 2 smoke - Location: Sunny Wigan
- Has thanked: 95 times
- Been thanked: 66 times
Re: Homemade Bow Dolly
Sorry to hear about the knee, hope it's better soon, as to the dolly, any large nut and bolt welded to the upstand and the axle will give you a swivel joint.The Hobbit wrote:Been thinking of something similar for mine. Twisted my knee on the WWA just gonegreat pics



