Best Foot Wear

A sib is a soft floor inflatable boat that will roll up and fit into a bag to ease with carrying or storage.
There are many different floor designs, exampoles include - Air floor mat, Wooden/Metal boards over an Inflatable Keel or a High Pressure V Floor.
Post Reply
Speedo Great Britain
Active Member
Posts: 55
Joined: 25 Jul 2017, 04:53
Boat Make: Honwave T32
Outboard: Johnson 5hp 2 stroke
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Best Foot Wear

Post by Speedo » 16 Mar 2018, 16:21

What's the general opinion on best foot wear for a SIB with inflatable hull?

I'm just using old trainers, but I'm sure there's a nice water proof alternative (that aren't wellies) with soft soles.

User avatar
Cliff England
Veteran Member
Posts: 321
Joined: 31 Dec 2017, 11:47
Boat Make: Highfield CL310 Rib
Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp efi
Demon 5.2hp 2 smoke
Location: Sunny Wigan
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Best Foot Wear

Post by Cliff » 16 Mar 2018, 19:08

i suppose that would depend on the season. I've just bought meself some thigh length waders. In the summer it will be skin, which is also waterproof, :rofl :waterski

PhilD
I'm New
Posts: 5
Joined: 03 Dec 2017, 18:57
MMSI Number: 10
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Best Foot Wear

Post by PhilD » 18 Mar 2018, 20:21

Typhoon rock boots, seac rock boots or just a, pair of beach shoes.

User avatar
Paul
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 3056
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
MMSI Number: 235915479
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Has thanked: 459 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Best Foot Wear

Post by Paul » 18 Mar 2018, 21:49

For winter boating I also use Typhoon rock boots over dry suit leggings as boots let in water but you can get knee-high waterproof socks for shallow waters if you've not got a dry suit :idea:
Summer use its down to crocks/rubber sandal type footwear
:cheers

Post Reply

Return to “SIB - Soft Inflatable Boat”