In two minds either keep my 3.3m wooden floor sib or sell it and buy a airfloor.
If I keep it. Had it from new the floor boards have started to loose some paint already after 3 times out. Is there anything I can coat them in to protect them. Clear varnish from b&q? Want something easy to apply and quick drying.
Protecting wooden floor boards
-
Paul B
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 2065
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
- Location: UK
- Has thanked: 172 times
- Been thanked: 276 times
Re: Protecting wooden floor boards
I would suggest a proper floor varnish, we had a wood floor and used some really hard wearing stuff, I think it's was a ronseal diamond tough or something called like that, or there will be a marine grade varnish, but this will be at a premium price
-
Si Crowe
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 585
- Joined: 24 Aug 2015, 15:29
- Boat Make: DS110, Seago 240 Airdeck
- Outboard: 2xPerkins Sabres 225HP, 5HP Mariner 2Stroke
- Location: York
- Has thanked: 180 times
- Been thanked: 115 times
Re: Protecting wooden floor boards
in all honesty, id be tempted to flat them back and use teak oil to protect.
If it has t*ts, tyres or floats......it's gonna cost ya!


