Howdo

New to the forum?? Please pop in and say “Hi”
Introduce yourself and tell us about your boating interests/experiences or any other hobbies you may have.
Wrighty1121 England
I'm New
Posts: 10
Joined: 24 Mar 2019, 17:45
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Carlisle
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Howdo

Post by Wrighty1121 » 26 Mar 2019, 13:14

Cumbria wrote: ↑
24 Mar 2019, 20:14
Hi Steven

Not Silloth RNLI ?

I am not to far way
Yeah been volunteering here for over 18 years. Few work/life balance problems lately have kept me away for a bit but still do my party.

Wrighty1121 England
I'm New
Posts: 10
Joined: 24 Mar 2019, 17:45
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Carlisle
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Howdo

Post by Wrighty1121 » 26 Mar 2019, 13:15

The Hobbit wrote: ↑
24 Mar 2019, 18:56
Hi Steven and :welcome to the forum. Lot's of great guys and girls in here from all walks of life and boaty types. What size craft do you helm? :clappy :thumbsup
I helm an Atlantic 85 B class lifeboat 8.5m in length with twin 115hp 4 strokes.

User avatar
Steve Great Britain
Veteran Member
Posts: 336
Joined: 25 Apr 2017, 11:12
Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
Outboard: Suzuki DF20AS
Yamaha F6CMHS
MMSI Number: 235902190
Location: Fife
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Howdo

Post by Steve » 26 Mar 2019, 14:03

Hello Steven and :welcome

Good luck with your Rib project - will be great when you can take it out when finished!

I too volunteer with the local lifeboat (Kinghorn) - only a fundraiser though, not on the crew...

:cheers

Steve

Sonofgum England
Active Member
Posts: 97
Joined: 22 Nov 2018, 17:02
Boat Make: F-Rib 360
Outboard: Tohatsu 20 HP 4 stroke
MMSI Number: 235918570
Location: Carlisle
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 24 times
Contact:

Re: Howdo

Post by Sonofgum » 26 Mar 2019, 19:04

Hi Stephen

Welcome, I'm not too far away from you either. I good friend of mine, Andy, also crews on the Silloth RNLI boat you may well know him. Do you launch your boat at Silloth or else where. For the past year and a half I've been boating on Ullswater and I'm determined to give the Solway ago this year but where to launch. Andy says to go down the slipway at the RNLI station but the angle of the slope terrifies me so was thinking of launching off the beach at Maryport, something perhaps more manageable when I'm solo.


Regards
Phil posting.php?mode=reply&f=5&t=3281#

Cumbria Great Britain
Active Member
Posts: 147
Joined: 26 Feb 2019, 23:16
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Keswick
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Howdo

Post by Cumbria » 07 Apr 2019, 14:04

Why don't we meet up for a Cumbria outing... maryport marina will alow launching

User avatar
Sarah Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 386
Joined: 18 Feb 2018, 20:05
Location: Poole
Has thanked: 362 times
Been thanked: 123 times
Contact:

Re: Howdo

Post by Sarah » 07 Apr 2019, 18:27

:welcome
Please feel free to ask questions about training & RYA qualifications, if you're not local we will try to point you in the right direction!
Dorset Marine Training, Poole - 01202 901267, www.dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk
sarah@dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk

Wrighty1121 England
I'm New
Posts: 10
Joined: 24 Mar 2019, 17:45
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Carlisle
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Howdo

Post by Wrighty1121 » 13 Apr 2019, 20:35

Cumbria wrote: ↑
07 Apr 2019, 14:04
Why don't we meet up for a Cumbria outing... maryport marina will alow launching
I am game for this. Still need to get my boat sea worthy but wouldn't mind a meet up to exchange ideas.

Post Reply

Return to “Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER”