I agree I think we will definitely need a landing net. Once I get the bait bucket set up, I will need to think of how to store the landing net. I think I would like to build a multipurpose removable basin/bait bucket/cooler that would sit in the bow and circulate with the water. If small enough could also serve as a bench seat for little one or just filled with water to add weight to the bow for a single rider. It would be nice if it fit tightly into the crevice of the bow floor. Has anyone done this before? Are there items to purchase?
Also, I just painted my registration letters on tonight with vinyl paint. The stencil that I used left ball point pen marks on the boat side but I can't remove. We joked that next time we will just use ball point pen, NO NEED FOR EXPENSIVE PAINT. Any suggestions for how to clean off ink pen stain on the PVC boat?
new member from USA, Gulf Coast Florida
-
ChrisParish
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 2049
- Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
- MMSI Number: 235916094
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 123 times
- Been thanked: 636 times
Re: new member from USA, Gulf Coast Florida
Try isopropyl alcohol. If you haven’t got any, hairspray or deodorant works wonders on ball point pen - I used to use that on my shirts when I was at school!
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.
-
9-R
- Super Poster
- Posts: 932
- Joined: 12 Feb 2016, 13:56
- Boat Make: Boston Whaler Montauk 170
- Outboard: Mercury 90hp EFI
- Location: The Republic of Texas
- Has thanked: 204 times
- Been thanked: 122 times
Re: new member from USA, Gulf Coast Florida
We had 5 people in our 460 with a 20hp 4s. 2 adults, 3 children (550lbs) quickly turning into taller and heavier pre-teens with our top speed descending at the same rate. Went from 21mph down to 17mph just before selling it. We were at that time considering a 30hp. As Chris said, what you need is a major HP upgrade.
I tried a hydrofoil and cavitation plates. Both lowered my top end by about 1-2 mph but helped my cavitation issue.
I tried a hydrofoil and cavitation plates. Both lowered my top end by about 1-2 mph but helped my cavitation issue.
Wrote a note said, 'back in a minute'. Bought a boat and I sailed off in it.



