Boat pump
-
Corey538
- I'm New
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 24 Mar 2015, 22:00
- Boat Make: 2.9m waveline airdeck
- Outboard: 2002 Yamaha 8hp 2 stroke
- Has thanked: 3 times
- Been thanked: 1 time
Re: Boat pump
Hi Paul thanks for you reply it's recommended air pressure is 0.20bar
At the moment I have just been using a air mattes pump then using a hand pump to pump to a high pressure
At the moment I have just been using a air mattes pump then using a hand pump to pump to a high pressure
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: Boat pump
Don't you have an air floor Corey?
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
- Paul
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 3056
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
- Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
- Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
- MMSI Number: 235915479
- Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
- Has thanked: 459 times
- Been thanked: 356 times
Re: Boat pump
Corey
The link I gave you is for the analogue version and you can dial in your required pressure and it'll stop when it's reached
Here's the blurb "The manometer on the unit displays in bar & psi & allows you to “dial in” the required pressure. The unit will automatically stop when this is reached".
You say the pressures are 0.20 bar but I suspect that's just the tubes.......with you having an air floor this normally would indicate that a higher pressure is required for the floor/keel so are you sure of ALL the pressures
as the floor/keel are usually around 0.70-0.80bar 
Don't go rushing into buying until we've sorted out what you actually need to do the job
Paul
The link I gave you is for the analogue version and you can dial in your required pressure and it'll stop when it's reached
Here's the blurb "The manometer on the unit displays in bar & psi & allows you to “dial in” the required pressure. The unit will automatically stop when this is reached".
You say the pressures are 0.20 bar but I suspect that's just the tubes.......with you having an air floor this normally would indicate that a higher pressure is required for the floor/keel so are you sure of ALL the pressures
Don't go rushing into buying until we've sorted out what you actually need to do the job
Paul
-
Andy B
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 1825
- Joined: 03 Sep 2015, 17:10
- Location: lost in space
- Has thanked: 78 times
- Been thanked: 252 times
Re: Boat pump
That I didn't know.....lol.Paul wrote:
The link I gave you is for the analogue version and you can dial in your required pressure and it'll stop when it's reached![]()
Paul
I had visions of me getting all chatty and then turning around to see my 12' beach ball
(I do like a chat!
- kaman
- Super Poster
- Posts: 846
- Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 23:01
- Boat Make: Honwave 3.5a Honwave t3.8
- Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp
Suzuki 2.5hp
Suzuki 2.2hp - MMSI Number: 235114675
- Location: South West Scotland
- Has thanked: 25 times
- Been thanked: 135 times
Re: Boat pump
Andy B wrote:Normally I'd be right there with you.kaman wrote:Andy I agree with almost everything that you post but I must beg to differ with you on going digital in this instance.
From my experience digital costs more, but it suffers from many gremlins.
The old style analogue dial remains a firm favourite amongst my social circles.
I'd recommend that to anyone!
I'm an analogue guy through and through.
But i do like the fact that you can set the required pressure, comes in handy if you as easily distracted as me![]()
Is it worth the extra £30?
Well thats a personal question the only the buyer can answer.
As for gremlins?
Not had any myself, but I'm sure ive just cursed that...
Maybe just bad experience but my old man's mate had a lot of grief with his digital bravo pump.
The pump kept cutting out before it had reached full pressure.
The replacement from the supplier went the same way after a couple of inflations.
Sent it back again and got the analogue version - no issues.
The supplier told him that they had been having issues with the digital ones tripping out.
Maybe just a dodgy batch - or a dodgy supplier????
In essence the analogue and digital bravo are pretty much the same unit bar the pressure switch.
Rightly or wrongly I always remember his grief.
When I bought my pump hence I went analogue.
Having said this mines will probably pack in when I turn it on next.
- mattswan2512
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 1758
- Joined: 13 Jul 2015, 10:34
- Boat Make: F-Rib 330
- Outboard: Mercury 15hp ss 2 smoker.
- Location: Sunny southampton
- Has thanked: 95 times
- Been thanked: 118 times
Re: Boat pump
I have the good old analogue bravo 12 pump but before i sold my sib it was getting very loud and sometimes it would not increase the pressure then all of a sudden it would kick back in and properly pump again until the compressor kicked in......again volume got louder and louder but still works okay last time I checked. Has anybody else had this?
Life is like a chocolate bar........
If you hold onto it for too long u get covered in sh☆t so......
live a life you will remember, not a life full of untested dreams.
If you hold onto it for too long u get covered in sh☆t so......
live a life you will remember, not a life full of untested dreams.
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: Boat pump
Corey, are you thinking of changing your sib in the near future?
If you were to buy a new lower output/pressure pump now and then upgrade your boat to a high pressure air floor, you'd end up having to buy another pump maybe.
The bravo will play with your current set up and then come into its own should you upgrade in the future.
I'm a huge believer in doing the homework and buying the right thing once, it works out cheaper in the long run...
If you were to buy a new lower output/pressure pump now and then upgrade your boat to a high pressure air floor, you'd end up having to buy another pump maybe.
The bravo will play with your current set up and then come into its own should you upgrade in the future.
I'm a huge believer in doing the homework and buying the right thing once, it works out cheaper in the long run...
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
-
Corey538
- I'm New
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 24 Mar 2015, 22:00
- Boat Make: 2.9m waveline airdeck
- Outboard: 2002 Yamaha 8hp 2 stroke
- Has thanked: 3 times
- Been thanked: 1 time
Re: Boat pump
It's say 0.25 for the air mattress and yes I hopefully will be upgrading in the future not sure when won't have much time to go out with College, work and other commitments and I'm saving up for a car. But i will hopefully will be looking at getting a bigger sib as the 2.7m wave line is a a bit cramped when fishing
- Paul
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 3056
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
- Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
- Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
- MMSI Number: 235915479
- Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
- Has thanked: 459 times
- Been thanked: 356 times
Re: Boat pump
Thanks for coming back Corey
Looking at your photo the max pressure you'll be needing is 0.25bar for the tubes and 0.20bar for the keel and mattress.
If that's the case a BP12 will do the job for around £80 here's an example http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAVO-Inflata ... fGOBFhHZkw
The BTP12 is another £20 which will inflate faster and better for you if you're intending to up-grade in the future.
One thing to point out is if you're using your car battery to run these pumps, have the engine running whilst inflating as they'll flatten the battery
Looking at your photo the max pressure you'll be needing is 0.25bar for the tubes and 0.20bar for the keel and mattress.
If that's the case a BP12 will do the job for around £80 here's an example http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAVO-Inflata ... fGOBFhHZkw
The BTP12 is another £20 which will inflate faster and better for you if you're intending to up-grade in the future.
One thing to point out is if you're using your car battery to run these pumps, have the engine running whilst inflating as they'll flatten the battery
-
Corey538
- I'm New
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 24 Mar 2015, 22:00
- Boat Make: 2.9m waveline airdeck
- Outboard: 2002 Yamaha 8hp 2 stroke
- Has thanked: 3 times
- Been thanked: 1 time
Re: Boat pump
Thank Paul I think I will get the battery version of this one because In the past I have inflated the boat on the beach thanks everyone for your help 




