Fuel Line Assembly

The Bar...
Chat about anything here (within reason) Please keep it polite and PC
Post Reply
Fitchie23 Great Britain
I'm New
Posts: 22
Joined: 26 Sep 2020, 17:10
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Blackpool
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Fuel Line Assembly

Post by Fitchie23 » 26 Dec 2021, 15:47

Hi,

I have a Suzuki DF20 and need to replace the fuel line between the tank and the outboard. I already have the primer bulb, tank connectors etc. so just need to locate the correct size fuel line and clips for assembly. Can anyone provide any reccomendations as to what size fuel line I will need and also the type of hose clips needed as they are unfamiliar to me?

Cheers.

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Fuel Line Assembly

Post by Martin » 07 Jan 2022, 05:06

You need special fuel pipe clips, people do use jubilee clips but they tighten oval not round, hence they leak.
Pretty sure the Suzuki comes with 6mm inside diameter hose, but hopefully someone can verify that as my boat isn’t accessible at the moment.
There Are a few different types and sizes..
59ACFA95-C3F9-4166-8FAA-42FEDDE1102C.jpeg
1
BA6FD905-75AD-40FE-B279-97EA34C49E2B.jpeg
2
5F10BFEC-3779-4681-8981-B83D934550C6.jpeg
3

Martin. :cheers
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

Fitchie23 Great Britain
I'm New
Posts: 22
Joined: 26 Sep 2020, 17:10
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Blackpool
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Fuel Line Assembly

Post by Fitchie23 » 15 Jan 2022, 17:42

Thanks for the informative reply as always Martin, now got some bits on order.

Cheers

Post Reply

Return to “Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter”