Im aiming for a 7am launch. so hopefully before anyone else. Ive got everything i need. well except fresh bait.ChrisParish wrote: ↑12 May 2020, 07:36I’m going to try and get out on Saturday, I think. However I suspect that everyone is going to be trying to do the same so it is going to be busy!
let me out
-
Shaun
- Advanced Member
- Posts: 182
- Joined: 05 Mar 2018, 15:15
- Boat Make: F-Rib 430
- Outboard: Evinrude E-Tec 30
- Location: Epsom
- Has thanked: 37 times
- Been thanked: 18 times
Re: let me out
-
sladonians
- Active Member
- Posts: 142
- Joined: 22 Jan 2020, 21:13
- Boat Make: Avon SR4
- Outboard: Tohatsu EFi 50hp
Yamaha 6hp - MMSI Number: 232027528
- Location: Cirencester
- Has thanked: 58 times
- Been thanked: 39 times
- Contact:
Re: let me out
That will depend on what is allowed and how busy they are. I was thinking of either Swanwick or Warsash but I will defer to the local knowledge of @ChrisParish.
I usually take a RIB out of Swanwick but thats from the marina, I have not used the slipways anywhere other than my local sailing club lake before so it will be a first for me on that score. Am going to commission the new motor this week but will begin the running in on the water so will need to idle for 10 minutes without moving, then am restricted to 1/2 throttle for 2 hours, hence I thought I'd 'amble up the Hamble'.
I usually take a RIB out of Swanwick but thats from the marina, I have not used the slipways anywhere other than my local sailing club lake before so it will be a first for me on that score. Am going to commission the new motor this week but will begin the running in on the water so will need to idle for 10 minutes without moving, then am restricted to 1/2 throttle for 2 hours, hence I thought I'd 'amble up the Hamble'.
-
Shaun
- Advanced Member
- Posts: 182
- Joined: 05 Mar 2018, 15:15
- Boat Make: F-Rib 430
- Outboard: Evinrude E-Tec 30
- Location: Epsom
- Has thanked: 37 times
- Been thanked: 18 times
Re: let me out
Likely one of the below 2.
member here...
https://www.google.com/maps/place/North ... d-0.969412
or here if they closed...
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Langs ... -1.0248411
Problem with option 2 is parking and trailer storage. Option 1 comes with free parking and trailer space. But equally open to other locations depending.
Shaun
- These users thanked the author Shaun for the post:
- sladonians (12 May 2020, 19:41)
-
ChrisParish
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 2049
- Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
- MMSI Number: 235916094
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 123 times
- Been thanked: 636 times
Re: let me out
If I can get out on Saturday it will be from Warsash, as the slip is better. My gout is playing up so I have to see.... 

- These users thanked the author ChrisParish for the post (total 2):
- sonny1 (12 May 2020, 19:28) • sladonians (12 May 2020, 19:41)
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.
-
rogerblack
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 884
- Joined: 02 Jun 2015, 19:51
- Boat Make: Honwave T32ie airfloor
- Outboard: Mercury 15hp 2-st
- MMSI Number: 235913495
- Location: Fife, Scotland & Wokingham,Berkshire
- Has thanked: 209 times
- Been thanked: 240 times
Re: let me out
Lucky b@ggers!
Still fully locked down up here Bonny Scotland.
Wonder how long it would take to dig a lake in the back garden?
Still fully locked down up here Bonny Scotland.
Wonder how long it would take to dig a lake in the back garden?
- These users thanked the author rogerblack for the post:
- Martin (12 May 2020, 22:25)
cheers
Roger

“Teach a man to fish and he’ll turn around and try to teach you to fish like he invented it and you’re an idiot”
Roger
“Teach a man to fish and he’ll turn around and try to teach you to fish like he invented it and you’re an idiot”
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: let me out
Hire me a JCB and i'll come dig one for ya...rogerblack wrote: ↑12 May 2020, 20:34Lucky b@ggers!
Still fully locked down up here Bonny Scotland.
Wonder how long it would take to dig a lake in the back garden?
- These users thanked the author Martin for the post:
- rogerblack (12 May 2020, 23:34)
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
-
Sarah
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 386
- Joined: 18 Feb 2018, 20:05
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 362 times
- Been thanked: 123 times
- Contact:
Re: let me out
Not getting involved in the debate about whether people should/shouldn't etc but for info:
All the Solent Authorities are busy issuing guidance, well worth a look at their social media pages and signing up to their LNTMs. Hamble seem particularly active.
Also worth a look at the advice pages from those out there looking out for boaters - local coastguard pages, RNLI etc
Looks like Poole, Lymington & Cowes Harbour Authorities yet to make decisions.
Quick word of caution - to the best of my knowledge NCI are not yet back at their lookouts so that is one less help feature available.
All the Solent Authorities are busy issuing guidance, well worth a look at their social media pages and signing up to their LNTMs. Hamble seem particularly active.
Also worth a look at the advice pages from those out there looking out for boaters - local coastguard pages, RNLI etc
Looks like Poole, Lymington & Cowes Harbour Authorities yet to make decisions.
Quick word of caution - to the best of my knowledge NCI are not yet back at their lookouts so that is one less help feature available.
Please feel free to ask questions about training & RYA qualifications, if you're not local we will try to point you in the right direction!
Dorset Marine Training, Poole - 01202 901267, www.dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk
sarah@dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk
Dorset Marine Training, Poole - 01202 901267, www.dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk
sarah@dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk
-
ChrisParish
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 2049
- Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
- MMSI Number: 235916094
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 123 times
- Been thanked: 636 times
Re: let me out
After a quick bit of googling:
LMTM = Local Notice To Mariners
NCI = National Coastwatch Institution
Looks like we are good to use the Hamble from today. I bet that it is going to be mental on Saturday.
I still can’t put any weight on my left foot so it isn’t looking good for me. How deeply vexing.
LMTM = Local Notice To Mariners
NCI = National Coastwatch Institution
Looks like we are good to use the Hamble from today. I bet that it is going to be mental on Saturday.
I still can’t put any weight on my left foot so it isn’t looking good for me. How deeply vexing.
- These users thanked the author ChrisParish for the post:
- sonny1 (13 May 2020, 14:29)
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.
-
sladonians
- Active Member
- Posts: 142
- Joined: 22 Jan 2020, 21:13
- Boat Make: Avon SR4
- Outboard: Tohatsu EFi 50hp
Yamaha 6hp - MMSI Number: 232027528
- Location: Cirencester
- Has thanked: 58 times
- Been thanked: 39 times
- Contact:
Re: let me out
I think I may leave it for this weekend, I agree Chris it will be crazy down there and on the slipways in particular. I've a few jobs on the boat to do anyway but at least now its driven by a motivation that I will actually get the thing in the water this year.
I suppose I could see if Swanwick marina is open and take the RIB out for a blast but if Cowes etc are not open and none of the pubs etc are serving then its does sort of take the shine off it a bit.
Hope the foot gets better soon. not good.
I suppose I could see if Swanwick marina is open and take the RIB out for a blast but if Cowes etc are not open and none of the pubs etc are serving then its does sort of take the shine off it a bit.
Hope the foot gets better soon. not good.



