Dry Suit

Many discussions regarding.... Dry Suites, Wet Suits, Footwear, Launch Trousers, Jackets, Waders etc
User avatar
Gazzago Great Britain
Active Member
Posts: 59
Joined: 18 May 2018, 12:51
Boat Make: zodiac Futura Mk2c
Outboard: Mariner 25hp efi
MMSI Number: 235912526
Location: Lancaster UK
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Dry Suit

Post by Gazzago » 27 Sep 2018, 20:38

https://www.lomo.co.uk/acatalog/Kayak-a ... suits.html

These look good value.

I have a Palm suit. Keeps me dry so thats a bonus! I love them. Definitely get yourself one. Whichever brand it is you'll like it I'm sure. They are (in my opinion) an important piece of safety kit for sea journeys.
My YouTube videos. Have a look :geek: >>>>> https://goo.gl/ZviQkS :Link

chris moody Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2348
Joined: 24 Mar 2015, 12:19
Boat Make: Takacat 3.4
Outboard: Tohatsu 9.8 2s
MMSI Number: 235900806
Location: Braunston
Has thanked: 146 times
Been thanked: 443 times

Re: Dry Suit

Post by chris moody » 28 Sep 2018, 18:58

Just treated myself to one of those Lomo drysuits in readiness for the start of my boating season (I do most of my leisure boating between October - March). It should be arriving Monday :D
Chris Moody
Taka Tigga: Takacat 3.4 Tohatsu 9.8

luckmurph Great Britain
I'm New
Posts: 6
Joined: 22 Sep 2018, 18:49
Boat Make: Still looking
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Truro
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dry Suit

Post by luckmurph » 28 Sep 2018, 21:17

Make sure it has a pee zip!!......makes life so much more bearable! :D

chris moody Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2348
Joined: 24 Mar 2015, 12:19
Boat Make: Takacat 3.4
Outboard: Tohatsu 9.8 2s
MMSI Number: 235900806
Location: Braunston
Has thanked: 146 times
Been thanked: 443 times

Re: Dry Suit

Post by chris moody » 29 Sep 2018, 07:48

The most important feature I wanted on the new drysuit was a front zip. My existing suit has a rear entry zip and it means you have to hang around outside toilets waiting for someone to unzip you.
luckmurph wrote: ↑
28 Sep 2018, 21:17
Make sure it has a pee zip!!......makes life so much more bearable! :D
Chris Moody
Taka Tigga: Takacat 3.4 Tohatsu 9.8

chris moody Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2348
Joined: 24 Mar 2015, 12:19
Boat Make: Takacat 3.4
Outboard: Tohatsu 9.8 2s
MMSI Number: 235900806
Location: Braunston
Has thanked: 146 times
Been thanked: 443 times

Re: Dry Suit

Post by chris moody » 29 Sep 2018, 10:03

Wow, drysuit ordered at 1030am Friday, delivered 1100am Saturday.
Chris Moody
Taka Tigga: Takacat 3.4 Tohatsu 9.8

digitalman Great Britain
Active Member
Posts: 74
Joined: 29 Aug 2018, 08:00
Boat Make: Honwave 3M
Outboard: Mariner/Yamaha 8hp 2 Stroke
Yamaha 15hp 2 Stroke
MMSI Number: 235911260
Location: Uckfield
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Dry Suit

Post by digitalman » 29 Sep 2018, 17:06

Good service there Chris, was going to wear mine out today but it was far warm and I just would of cooked. Maybe next time :)

stevexxxuk Wales
Active Member
Posts: 72
Joined: 07 Sep 2019, 22:11
Boat Make: F-rib 330, Bonwitco 14'
Outboard: Tanaka 1.2hp, Yamaha 6hp,
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Aberystwyth
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Dry Suit

Post by stevexxxuk » 23 Jan 2020, 12:06

You might also want to poke your nose in at the drysuit topic under this one.
:pump ..

warder54 Great Britain
Super Poster
Posts: 645
Joined: 12 Aug 2016, 08:32
Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
Outboard: Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
Toh 20 efi
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Montrose -Scotland
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: Dry Suit

Post by warder54 » 25 Jan 2020, 14:38

ChrisParish wrote: ↑
18 Sep 2018, 03:54
If you are a larger feller, like me, and need a custom one then Trident UK make some. I am looking to have one made this winter for about £400.
I second Trident, had mine custom made Last year, included a pee zip, great suit and genuinely breathable - no condensation after a whole day's wear - just ensure your under layers/fleece etc are synthetic to wick moisture away from you so the suit can do the rest.
Why am I here - I should be in my boat fishing!!
Mike Elliott

warder54 Great Britain
Super Poster
Posts: 645
Joined: 12 Aug 2016, 08:32
Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
Outboard: Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
Toh 20 efi
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Montrose -Scotland
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: Dry Suit

Post by warder54 » 25 Jan 2020, 14:46

oops, late to the party!
Why am I here - I should be in my boat fishing!!
Mike Elliott

sladonians Great Britain
Active Member
Posts: 142
Joined: 22 Jan 2020, 21:13
Boat Make: Avon SR4
Outboard: Tohatsu EFi 50hp
Yamaha 6hp
MMSI Number: 232027528
Location: Cirencester
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 39 times
Contact:

Re: Dry Suit

Post by sladonians » 31 Mar 2020, 11:31

chris moody wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2018, 07:48
it means you have to hang around outside toilets waiting for someone to unzip you.
:stop

Post Reply

Return to “Boat Clothing (Not Safety Gear) - What to wear ?”