I acquired a suitable sack truck a few months ago, literally off the back of a lorry, when a driver dropped his sack truck in the road during rush hour right outside where i work. Luckily it didn't hit anyone and he never came back for it. So after a bit of measuring I cut off the top 2 cross bars and a few other bits that were no longer needed and bolted on a couple of pieces of wood to hold the transom clamp. The foot of the truck was very short and tilted the stand forward. This was changed by bolting 3 pieces for wood under the foot which makes everything very stable and will even allow me to tilt the engine and still remain stable.
Total cost 0p as I already had all the bits. Very pleased with this and i won't have to struggle lifting engines out of the cellar and down to the car anymore




