fishing mods done
-
Mitch
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 575
- Joined: 16 May 2017, 16:31
- Boat Make: Honwave T38-ie2
- Outboard: Mercury 20HP Fourstroke
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Swindon
- Has thanked: 118 times
- Been thanked: 113 times
fishing mods done
Finally got round to doing the mods I wanted to the boat to make it a bit easier when fishing with 2 in the boat.
Transducer done, made up a bracket to lower it a bit, hope the bracket doesn't cause too much problems with the water. fishing rods attached to the transom (bought 2 from fladens, they were less than half the price of 1 railblaza but the quality is not as good, had to put PTA tape around the splines to stop them wobbling a bit.
Cleatport attached (this was a pita, the 3m pad would not stick due to the curve of the tubes so had to use 2k glue) with fairlead for the anchor rope & Velcro patches glued on for bow dodger which has made a difference to the height of the dodger. Bought a flexi bucket for the anchor & with that in position I can still get to the valves.
Glued on some extra d rings to get bags out of the way as I've got rid of the big plastic boxes & put it in dry bags.
Got the seat bolted on but found that when I sat in it, it was too wobbly & I could see myself falling out of the seat or even worse out of the boat so I fitted a length of wood to both seats to stabalise the wobble & it works, it's a bit obtrusive so may replace the wooden beam with a metal tube.
Just about finished so now i have a boat for fishing in the summer complete with cans of cider. and a boat for winter fishing complete with mug of steaming hot chocolate
Transducer done, made up a bracket to lower it a bit, hope the bracket doesn't cause too much problems with the water. fishing rods attached to the transom (bought 2 from fladens, they were less than half the price of 1 railblaza but the quality is not as good, had to put PTA tape around the splines to stop them wobbling a bit.
Cleatport attached (this was a pita, the 3m pad would not stick due to the curve of the tubes so had to use 2k glue) with fairlead for the anchor rope & Velcro patches glued on for bow dodger which has made a difference to the height of the dodger. Bought a flexi bucket for the anchor & with that in position I can still get to the valves.
Glued on some extra d rings to get bags out of the way as I've got rid of the big plastic boxes & put it in dry bags.
Got the seat bolted on but found that when I sat in it, it was too wobbly & I could see myself falling out of the seat or even worse out of the boat so I fitted a length of wood to both seats to stabalise the wobble & it works, it's a bit obtrusive so may replace the wooden beam with a metal tube.
Just about finished so now i have a boat for fishing in the summer complete with cans of cider. and a boat for winter fishing complete with mug of steaming hot chocolate
- Paul
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 3056
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
- Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
- Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
- MMSI Number: 235915479
- Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
- Has thanked: 459 times
- Been thanked: 356 times
Re: fishing mods done
Mitch
Great mods mate
I love reading/seeing each skippers ideas for mods to make their craft 'their own'
Some very happy and merry days afloat ahead me thinks
Great mods mate
I love reading/seeing each skippers ideas for mods to make their craft 'their own'
Some very happy and merry days afloat ahead me thinks
-
Alan
- Advanced Member
- Posts: 174
- Joined: 29 Jun 2018, 13:18
- Boat Make: F-Rib 375
- Outboard: 2018 Mercury 20 HP Short Shaft
- MMSI Number: 1
- Location: Farmington Hill Michigan USA
- Has thanked: 7 times
- Been thanked: 40 times
Re: fishing mods done
Paul,
Well thought out an effective mods! I think I will look at adding a similar seat over the winter if you do nott mind a copy on this side of the Atlantic ocean.
Well thought out an effective mods! I think I will look at adding a similar seat over the winter if you do nott mind a copy on this side of the Atlantic ocean.
-
Mitch
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 575
- Joined: 16 May 2017, 16:31
- Boat Make: Honwave T38-ie2
- Outboard: Mercury 20HP Fourstroke
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Swindon
- Has thanked: 118 times
- Been thanked: 113 times
Re: fishing mods done
Andy I think the cup holder will come in handy as it has slots for the filleting knife as well not too sure about the brolly though, don't think it will last long, one gust of wind & it'll be gone.
Hi Alan, help yourself mate that's what the pics are for, to give people ideas, I put the seat on to try cause after several hours on the tube or the bench seat my ass aches & on the WWA this year getting out of the boat was a problem as I had a job to stand so I rolled out of the boat onto the pontoon much to Martins amusement so hopefully this will help me keep a bit of dignity when leaving the boat.
Hi Alan, help yourself mate that's what the pics are for, to give people ideas, I put the seat on to try cause after several hours on the tube or the bench seat my ass aches & on the WWA this year getting out of the boat was a problem as I had a job to stand so I rolled out of the boat onto the pontoon much to Martins amusement so hopefully this will help me keep a bit of dignity when leaving the boat.
-
Andy B
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 1825
- Joined: 03 Sep 2015, 17:10
- Location: lost in space
- Has thanked: 78 times
- Been thanked: 252 times
-
Mitch
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 575
- Joined: 16 May 2017, 16:31
- Boat Make: Honwave T38-ie2
- Outboard: Mercury 20HP Fourstroke
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Swindon
- Has thanked: 118 times
- Been thanked: 113 times
- Paul
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 3056
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
- Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
- Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
- MMSI Number: 235915479
- Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
- Has thanked: 459 times
- Been thanked: 356 times
Re: fishing mods done
Donny (The Gurnard) rule is "everyrthing on a boat should have at least 2 uses" .......
maybe a rope tied round the shaft and deploy the umbrella as a sea anchor



