Air pump
-
The Hobbit
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 724
- Joined: 10 Jul 2017, 15:03
- Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
- Outboard: 1985 Yamaha 2 stroke 15 D
- MMSI Number: 235904468
- Location: Farnborough Hampshire
- Has thanked: 100 times
- Been thanked: 174 times
Re: Air pump
Don't forget you will need to recheck your pressures if out in cold water. This can reduce the critical pressure of your air floor and the handling of the boat , when the air inside the tubes cool. Normally checking after 20 to 30 minutes.
I'm not really a Hobbit, just look like one. Real name is "Andy".
All my movies in one place:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvarVX ... subscriber
All my movies in one place:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvarVX ... subscriber
-
Compo1804
- Advanced Member
- Posts: 150
- Joined: 24 Jul 2018, 17:16
- Boat Make: Honda Honwave 3.8IE
- Outboard: Mercury 15hp 4T
- MMSI Number: 101012
- Location: west coast of Anglesey
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 16 times
Re: Air pump
Thanks for that one Andy, never thought of that one. Your a bundle of knowledge fair play to you. Are the main tubes critical as well?
-
ChrisParish
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 2049
- Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
- MMSI Number: 235916094
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 123 times
- Been thanked: 636 times
Re: Air pump
You will notice a difference in the general handling if the main tubes are too low but it’s not critical. If the airfloor isn’t right it has a major impact on performance. Without topping up the floor I get about 11knots. With it topped up I get around 14knots.
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.
-
The Hobbit
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 724
- Joined: 10 Jul 2017, 15:03
- Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
- Outboard: 1985 Yamaha 2 stroke 15 D
- MMSI Number: 235904468
- Location: Farnborough Hampshire
- Has thanked: 100 times
- Been thanked: 174 times
Re: Air pump
I don't normally do the remaining tubes, it's the floor which is critical to performance. I use a builders bucket up the sharp end for storage so I have easy access to the valves. I pull it out recheck and lob it back in again.

I'm not really a Hobbit, just look like one. Real name is "Andy".
All my movies in one place:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvarVX ... subscriber
All my movies in one place:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvarVX ... subscriber
-
lauraawalker
- I'm New
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 03 Oct 2020, 13:36
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: New York
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 2 times
Re: Air pump
I was used Sailnovo electric air pump, air bed pump and also sucks out air out of bed for easy folding of bed. Charges fast. Took about 3 minutes (or less?) to get our queen air mattress fully pumped up. Also sucks out air very quickly! Easy to use, very light. So far we have used it once and we are very happy with it! I highly recommend!!
- These users thanked the author lauraawalker for the post:
- The Hobbit (06 Oct 2020, 05:14)


