Honwave. Which one?

Ian 71 England
I'm New
Posts: 11
Joined: 29 Jul 2017, 20:27
MMSI Number: 10
Location: West midlands
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Hon wave. Which one?

Post by Ian 71 » 05 Aug 2017, 10:17

Well I decided on the T38 in the end, I'm just I didn't get the T40, this one is plenty big enough and heavy, But
I can manage it on my own though.
I takes some doing to get them up to presure with the supplied foot pump, I could only get the floor to about 0.4 bar
and the sides were nowhere near 0.25. Anyone using these rechargeable electric pumps, if so, any good?

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Hon wave. Which one?

Post by Martin » 05 Aug 2017, 10:23

The majority of us run the bravo BTP12 pump. There is a battery version of it I believe but again, most of us just couple up a screwfix alarm battery and use that to run navigation/fishing aids too.
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

enzo200500 Japan
Active Member
Posts: 140
Joined: 19 Dec 2016, 10:03
Boat Make: Robalo R180
Outboard: Yamaha F150
Location: Worthing, West Sussex
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Hon wave. Which one?

Post by enzo200500 » 05 Aug 2017, 11:04

There might be a T40 with Honda 20 for sale soon! :thumbsup
Brand new last year, only just done 20 hrs.

enzo200500 Japan
Active Member
Posts: 140
Joined: 19 Dec 2016, 10:03
Boat Make: Robalo R180
Outboard: Yamaha F150
Location: Worthing, West Sussex
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Hon wave. Which one?

Post by enzo200500 » 05 Aug 2017, 11:05

Road trailer and lots of accessories too.....

acidcloud
Active Member
Posts: 131
Joined: 07 Jul 2017, 22:11
Boat Make: Warrior 165
Outboard: 70 Hp Suzuki
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Brighton
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Hon wave. Which one?

Post by acidcloud » 05 Aug 2017, 16:06

I have a Bravo 20 which has built in battery, works great.
Set pressure on gauge and away you go no wires
Comes in its own carry bag.
Idea is that I can inflate next to water

Seamark Nunn Ltd £173.98 incl delivery

User avatar
mattswan2512
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1758
Joined: 13 Jul 2015, 10:34
Boat Make: F-Rib 330
Outboard: Mercury 15hp ss 2 smoker.
Location: Sunny southampton
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Hon wave. Which one?

Post by mattswan2512 » 05 Aug 2017, 16:47

Ultimately you need to decide now 100% rather than buy and change powetplant etc as it will be more cost effective. If you get yourself a t40 ali floor (had 1) then 20hp is perfect but god damb its heavy so will need trailer really. My friend has the smaller t35 with 15hp and that acheives 17knts but boy its a wet ride.....if you want a bigger boat get the biggest engine you can afford and if your going to trailer.......just get a RIB .....will handle miles better

Best of luck in your decision making. Honwaves are great boats so whatever you get you will be pleased just get as much power as you can afford/lift.

Edited as missed your post saying yoi ha e decided. Forget my last :shame
Life is like a chocolate bar........
If you hold onto it for too long u get covered in sh☆t so......
live a life you will remember, not a life full of untested dreams.

Tellum Great Britain
Active Member
Posts: 99
Joined: 29 May 2017, 08:39
Boat Make: mercury 420 ocean runner
Outboard: 30hp four-stroke tohatso
MMSI Number: 235904012
Location: Cornwall - U.K
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: Hon wave. Which one?

Post by Tellum » 06 Aug 2017, 21:21

Iam contemplating swapping/selling my t38ie and going to a t40. my plans have changed and will no longer be breaking the boat down,it will be kept on a trailer. i will do a lot of fishing on mine and feel the flat ali floor will be an advantage. plan to keep my Honda 20 to power it. if i plan to keep it trailer-ed is the t40 any less of a boat then the t38? Basically will i be getting rid of a better sib? i would go for a rib but haven't got the money.

enzo200500 Japan
Active Member
Posts: 140
Joined: 19 Dec 2016, 10:03
Boat Make: Robalo R180
Outboard: Yamaha F150
Location: Worthing, West Sussex
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Hon wave. Which one?

Post by enzo200500 » 07 Aug 2017, 09:24

The T40 is a very stable platform for fishing due to the flat floor. thats the main reason I brought mine and not the slopey pump up jobbie!

I may split my setup if you are interested?

Tellum Great Britain
Active Member
Posts: 99
Joined: 29 May 2017, 08:39
Boat Make: mercury 420 ocean runner
Outboard: 30hp four-stroke tohatso
MMSI Number: 235904012
Location: Cornwall - U.K
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: Hon wave. Which one?

Post by Tellum » 07 Aug 2017, 20:16

a little to far away with me in cornwall.... pity

Ian 71 England
I'm New
Posts: 11
Joined: 29 Jul 2017, 20:27
MMSI Number: 10
Location: West midlands
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Hon wave. Which one?

Post by Ian 71 » 08 Aug 2017, 12:53

Anyone ever tie their boat up in Fowey / Polruan on the pontoons? I'm trying find how much it will cost for a few days or the week. I rang the harbour office, but didn't get much sense out of her. She said something like " the fees have gone up and it's £30 a metre " I asked if that was for a week and was told it's for the whole season, or I could pay £2 per metre for overnight mooring. Then there's the £8 for a couple of hours in the daytime.

Post Reply

Return to “Honwave”