What did you do to or with your boat today?
-
DrHair
- Active Member
- Posts: 90
- Joined: 08 Sep 2016, 19:42
- Boat Make: Frib 460S
- Outboard: Tohatsu 9.8 2 stroke
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Warwick
- Has thanked: 17 times
- Been thanked: 21 times
- Contact:
Re: What did you do to or with your boat today?
I took my Frib 460 S for its' inaugurable sail. Further information is in the 460 review section.
But it was a glorious weekend, both outboards worked perfectly, I got on the plane, there was plenty of room (even enough for sleeping if something could be rigged up with duck boards).
The Maltsters at Tuckenhay served the best minute steak and chips ever. Even more unexpected was the two stag parties and a hens too - all parties unconnected so a strange coincidence and destination. The girls were dressed up as movie characters - you can just see the Lion from Oz and Robin Hood in the picture...
But it was a glorious weekend, both outboards worked perfectly, I got on the plane, there was plenty of room (even enough for sleeping if something could be rigged up with duck boards).
The Maltsters at Tuckenhay served the best minute steak and chips ever. Even more unexpected was the two stag parties and a hens too - all parties unconnected so a strange coincidence and destination. The girls were dressed up as movie characters - you can just see the Lion from Oz and Robin Hood in the picture...
-
warder54
- Super Poster
- Posts: 645
- Joined: 12 Aug 2016, 08:32
- Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
- Outboard: Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
Toh 20 efi - MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Montrose -Scotland
- Has thanked: 23 times
- Been thanked: 148 times
Re: What did you do to or with your boat today?
Just sprayed a wasp nest inside my console on the Smartwave! buggers have built it around the steering cables - gonna be fun removing that in such a tight space.
Why am I here - I should be in my boat fishing!!
Mike Elliott
Mike Elliott
-
9-R
- Super Poster
- Posts: 932
- Joined: 12 Feb 2016, 13:56
- Boat Make: Boston Whaler Montauk 170
- Outboard: Mercury 90hp EFI
- Location: The Republic of Texas
- Has thanked: 204 times
- Been thanked: 122 times
Re: What did you do to or with your boat today?
Heading up to storage so I can bring it back home and hopefully make some mods/improvements before heading out early the next morning.
Wrote a note said, 'back in a minute'. Bought a boat and I sailed off in it.
-
warder54
- Super Poster
- Posts: 645
- Joined: 12 Aug 2016, 08:32
- Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
- Outboard: Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
Toh 20 efi - MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Montrose -Scotland
- Has thanked: 23 times
- Been thanked: 148 times
Re: What did you do to or with your boat today?
Today I'll be repairing some (many!) Pot holes in my driveway
Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Why am I here - I should be in my boat fishing!!
Mike Elliott
Mike Elliott
-
chris moody
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 2348
- Joined: 24 Mar 2015, 12:19
- Boat Make: Takacat 3.4
- Outboard: Tohatsu 9.8 2s
- MMSI Number: 235900806
- Location: Braunston
- Has thanked: 146 times
- Been thanked: 443 times
Re: What did you do to or with your boat today?
Had a few days away on the "dark side" boat sailing
Last edited by Paul B on 13 Mar 2018, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Embed pic
Reason: Embed pic
Chris Moody
Taka Tigga: Takacat 3.4 Tohatsu 9.8
Taka Tigga: Takacat 3.4 Tohatsu 9.8
- Paul
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 3056
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
- Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
- Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
- MMSI Number: 235915479
- Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
- Has thanked: 459 times
- Been thanked: 356 times
Re: What did you do to or with your boat today?
Failed to follow my own advice to keep the launch wheel tyre pressures at their max 30 psi
Last weekends outing tore the rubber innertube from the brass valve, as always happens, so replaced both tubes as one was punched
At less than a tenner for the pair posted , I can live with that
Silly old fart ..... I'll go stand in the corner

Last weekends outing tore the rubber innertube from the brass valve, as always happens, so replaced both tubes as one was punched
At less than a tenner for the pair posted , I can live with that
Silly old fart ..... I'll go stand in the corner
-
Paul B
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 2065
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
- Location: UK
- Has thanked: 172 times
- Been thanked: 276 times
Re: What did you do to or with your boat today?
On the theme of launching wheels, I've finally ditched the boddged wheels from my Honwave and put on a nice new shiny set, delivered brand new for the bargain price of £130 Just hope it cures the amount of spray over the transom I was getting with the old set
Pictures shows how much the transom brackets had bent, partly due to a modification the previous owner had attempted , badly I might add also due to being the standard lightweight version,
When using them you must ensure that when turning the boat that the wheels are revolving at the same time or they bend very easily 
Pictures shows how much the transom brackets had bent, partly due to a modification the previous owner had attempted , badly I might add also due to being the standard lightweight version,
-
Captain cod
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 373
- Joined: 24 Nov 2016, 21:51
- Boat Make: Humber
- Outboard: Mariner 40hp
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Manchester
- Has thanked: 51 times
- Been thanked: 51 times
Re: What did you do to or with your boat today?
I added a kill switch to my outboard. It does sound very loud in the video. I'm glad it's not that loud in real life or I'd have to wear ear defenders all the time.
Admin Edit..
To view this video click the Vid - 20170730mp4 wording below the empty box
The video is not a Youtube attachment, it is loaded directly to the forum
Admin Edit..
To view this video click the Vid - 20170730mp4 wording below the empty box
The video is not a Youtube attachment, it is loaded directly to the forum
- Attachments
-
VID-20170730-WA0002.mp4 [ 7.95 MiB | Viewed 3319 times ]
-
acidcloud
- Active Member
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 07 Jul 2017, 22:11
- Boat Make: Warrior 165
- Outboard: 70 Hp Suzuki
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Brighton
- Has thanked: 8 times
- Been thanked: 21 times
Re: What did you do to or with your boat today?
Fitted launch wheels on the new Honwave T38 IE.
Checked out potential launch sites by visiting each between Seahaven and Shoreham.
Down to 4, but Rottingdean and Rope and Tackle at Shoreham tops.
Thinking of going out first trip tomorrow morning.
Phil
Checked out potential launch sites by visiting each between Seahaven and Shoreham.
Down to 4, but Rottingdean and Rope and Tackle at Shoreham tops.
Thinking of going out first trip tomorrow morning.
Phil



