Hi,
can anyone tell me what this section (7,4 & 6 combined) is used for please?
The diagram is for a Mercury 9.9 4strk outboard.
Cheers
What is this part called
- komplexpro
- I'm New
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 03 Apr 2017, 12:48
- Boat Make: Excel SD-330
- Outboard: Mercury 9.9 4 st
- MMSI Number: 235901944
- Location: Stratford - East London
- Has thanked: 2 times
- Been thanked: 1 time
- The Gurnard
- Super Poster
- Posts: 817
- Joined: 04 Aug 2015, 09:30
- Boat Make: Quicksilver 4.3m HD
- Outboard: Mariner 25HP two stroke : Mariner 3.3HP
- Location: West Coast Scotland
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 223 times
Re: What is this part called
I think I know the answer ..as its the same in most OB's
Part 3 is the pin or shaft that goes through the clamp assembly and allows the outboard to tilt up and down
Part 4 are the nuts that screw onto the part 3 threads to hold it in place
Part 6 is a wee metal thingie .. no idea what is called..but its there so you can fix a lanyard to the outboard to stop it falling in the water if the clamps should come undone. You tie the other end of the lanyard to the boat.
Part 7 I can only presume is end caps to protect the thread of part 3 that goes through the clamps ?.I don't have them on my outboards
I have no idea what the real names are ..but that's why they are there. If ordering them..just quote the numbers and the diagram
Hope that helps..if not I'm sure someone else will know
Part 3 is the pin or shaft that goes through the clamp assembly and allows the outboard to tilt up and down
Part 4 are the nuts that screw onto the part 3 threads to hold it in place
Part 6 is a wee metal thingie .. no idea what is called..but its there so you can fix a lanyard to the outboard to stop it falling in the water if the clamps should come undone. You tie the other end of the lanyard to the boat.
Part 7 I can only presume is end caps to protect the thread of part 3 that goes through the clamps ?.I don't have them on my outboards
I have no idea what the real names are ..but that's why they are there. If ordering them..just quote the numbers and the diagram
Hope that helps..if not I'm sure someone else will know
-
Andy B
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 1825
- Joined: 03 Sep 2015, 17:10
- Location: lost in space
- Has thanked: 78 times
- Been thanked: 252 times
Re: What is this part called
Part 3 is the pivot tube, which also hold the steering ram if you have the engine rigged for remote steering.
Part 7 are just cover nuts that are there to protect the threads when a steering cable isn't connected.
Part 7 are just cover nuts that are there to protect the threads when a steering cable isn't connected.
- komplexpro
- I'm New
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 03 Apr 2017, 12:48
- Boat Make: Excel SD-330
- Outboard: Mercury 9.9 4 st
- MMSI Number: 235901944
- Location: Stratford - East London
- Has thanked: 2 times
- Been thanked: 1 time


