Suspension units

If you need help or advice on trailers, this is the forum for you.
Show us your trailer builds/modifications or new purchase.
Martin England
Supporting Member
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789

Re: Suspension units

Post by Martin » 21 Aug 2018, 22:01

Paul B wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 20:56
Martin wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 20:23
Either that or indespension, al-ko and all others professional manufacturers have it wrong..
I know where I’ll be putting my pound 😂
Aye well, spend your pound well, my boat trailer is from a respected manufacturer, like wise the units for my box trailer came from Towsure, another well respected company, I’m sure they don’t sell crap either :lol:
Perhaps i'm i'm reading this completely wrong... :whistle
But as i see it, i was responding to your quote of "let’s face it the units are pretty crude in design and operation"
Then you say you have them on your trailers. You're quoting they're from a respectabler manufacturer or reseller... so what's the issue then ?
Do yours work correctly or not :LMT ?

My humble opinion is.. I find them to be more than suitable for the job, As i said earlier, you buy the correct trailer with the correct suspension units for your required load and trailer design.
All the rubber mount suspension units are fitted world wide on most trailers, caravans and such. Ask yourself in a clear mind set.. "do you really think these manufacturers would use such units if they weren't upto the job?
I think not :geek:

Yes, the rubbers will swell with age as Paul was stating in the early part of the post, The more they swell the more they'll nip the outer casing and squeeze the inner - that'll stop them working as well... Hence why they're a replacable service item.
Going back to the O/P - his suspension units are showing no movement... That would suggest they are old, perished/swollen and need replacing. Simple fix, Replace them with suitably weighted units... job done!
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

Paul B
Supporting Member
Boat Make: Honwave T38ie2
Outboard: Suzuki df9.9 (15hpconversion)

Re: Suspension units

Post by Paul B » 21 Aug 2018, 22:38

Martin wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 22:01
Paul B wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 20:56
Martin wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 20:23
Either that or indespension, al-ko and all others professional manufacturers have it wrong..
I know where I’ll be putting my pound 😂
Aye well, spend your pound well, my boat trailer is from a respected manufacturer, like wise the units for my box trailer came from Towsure, another well respected company, I’m sure they don’t sell crap either :lol:
Perhaps i'm i'm reading this completely wrong... :whistle
But as i see it, i was responding to your quote of "let’s face it the units are pretty crude in design and operation"
Yes you,are reading it completely wrong :sarky yes the units are pretty crude, even other posters have said so, but it appears you are only questioning MY comments, :scratch , As you are fully aware my trailer isn’t particularly old, it’s never been put into the sea or fresh water , and the units are fully functioning, all be it poorly due to the fact that a sib isn’t heavier enough to allow them to function as designed, :cheers
Chief Cook and Bottle washer
TRALEE BAY FISH N CHIPS

Honwave T38ie2 Suzuki DF 9.9 (15hp) conversion
Scooter perception kayak
Gosea fishing kayak

Return to “Boat Trailers”