My new Boat

Here you can document your Outboards, SIB's and RIB's re-building challenge.
Restoration is satisfying, a great way to learn, and usually a way of getting something special whilst saving money..
Please make a "New Topic" for EACH build.
User avatar
Paul B Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2065
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
Location: UK
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: My new Boat

Post by Paul B » 22 Feb 2018, 18:21

PaulR wrote:Pleased you are happy with it after the issues you have had. Weather looks lovely, bet it was colder than it looks. :thumbsup
Cheers Paul, Weather wise, yes it was lovely, and it wasn’t too cold at all, I was quite surprised, only had my drysuit bottoms and musto br1 jacket on, and was nice and warm

Andy B England
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1825
Joined: 03 Sep 2015, 17:10
Location: lost in space
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 252 times

Re: My new Boat

Post by Andy B » 22 Feb 2018, 19:04

Paul,
Your boat looks to have a lot of Bow rise built into it.
Was this always the case with the T38 or is this new?
Don't seem to remember it being so prominent before....

User avatar
Paul B Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2065
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
Location: UK
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: My new Boat

Post by Paul B » 22 Feb 2018, 19:23

Not sure if it’s any different than previous models, but we do know the floor design has changed, Andy ( the Hobbit) pointed out it was different on recent pics I’d posted up, so maybe it’s a completely new designed bow :Confused

User avatar
kaman
Super Poster
Posts: 846
Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 23:01
Boat Make: Honwave 3.5a Honwave t3.8
Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp
Suzuki 2.5hp
Suzuki 2.2hp
MMSI Number: 235114675
Location: South West Scotland
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 135 times

Re: My new Boat

Post by kaman » 22 Feb 2018, 22:34

Good stuff Paul B.
I'm sure you'll have many a happy voyage in her.
Pretty sure that's about the same deadrise as my T3.8.
My T3.5ae is almost flat in comparison.
Can't fault my old T3.8 - they are cracking Sibs :thumbsup :drive .

User avatar
Paul
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 3056
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
MMSI Number: 235915479
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Has thanked: 459 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: My new Boat

Post by Paul » 22 Feb 2018, 22:59

Yay :yay you've managed to get the new boat out on the water at last :D
Looking sweet mate and sooo glad you're now happy with your investment :thumbsup
Happy, happy boating days ahead :clappy
Enjoy :!: :drive

warder54 Great Britain
Super Poster
Posts: 645
Joined: 12 Aug 2016, 08:32
Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
Outboard: Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
Toh 20 efi
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Montrose -Scotland
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: My new Boat

Post by warder54 » 23 Feb 2018, 10:35

Happy days Paul, great conditions for the first run out. I think there may be a 20 on the horizon somewhere? But anything over 20mph is enjoyable in a SIB
Why am I here - I should be in my boat fishing!!
Mike Elliott

User avatar
Paul B Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2065
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
Location: UK
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: My new Boat

Post by Paul B » 23 Feb 2018, 11:49

warder54 wrote:I think there may be a 20 on the horizon somewhere? But anything over 20mph is enjoyable in a SIB
Ssssshhhhhh. Don’t tell the wife :lol:

warder54 Great Britain
Super Poster
Posts: 645
Joined: 12 Aug 2016, 08:32
Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
Outboard: Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
Toh 20 efi
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Montrose -Scotland
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: My new Boat

Post by warder54 » 23 Feb 2018, 11:51

Paul B wrote:
warder54 wrote:I think there may be a 20 on the horizon somewhere? But anything over 20mph is enjoyable in a SIB
Ssssshhhhhh. Don’t tell the wife [emoji38]
I'd say something but my lips are sealed!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Why am I here - I should be in my boat fishing!!
Mike Elliott

User avatar
Paul B Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2065
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
Location: UK
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: My new Boat

Post by Paul B » 17 Mar 2018, 18:57

New seat finished of today, Garmin GPS , and fishing rod holder on removable saddles and battery box fixed underneath,

Next stage is a draw to be made to sit besides the battery box
Attachments
25A4E1F7-D4ED-4422-BA03-F3A9C1C092EB.jpeg
7382C652-905E-45AA-BC0C-DB7BA6B8C4E9.jpeg
62BDF9FB-B997-4A2C-B6C8-7725B3EEE309.jpeg
These users thanked the author Paul B for the post:
nala (12 Apr 2018, 11:16)

User avatar
Cliff England
Veteran Member
Posts: 321
Joined: 31 Dec 2017, 11:47
Boat Make: Highfield CL310 Rib
Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp efi
Demon 5.2hp 2 smoke
Location: Sunny Wigan
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: My new Boat

Post by Cliff » 17 Mar 2018, 20:46

Nice work Paul :clappy

Post Reply

Return to “My Boat / My Build...”