My new Boat

Here you can document your Outboards, SIB's and RIB's re-building challenge.
Restoration is satisfying, a great way to learn, and usually a way of getting something special whilst saving money..
Please make a "New Topic" for EACH build.
Post Reply
User avatar
Paul B Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2065
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
Location: UK
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: My new Boat

Post by Paul B » 24 Jan 2018, 09:57

Just had a phone call from dealer , and they aren’t waiting for Honda to make a decision, the boat is going to be replaced straight away, and the new one is on order as I type, :thumbsup

Cannot fault the dealer in anyway at all for this, they have been superb, so if you are looking for a new Honwave or just need other boating related items, I would highly recommend Ely boat chandlers Richard has been absolutely brilliant,

It’s good to know that there is still some good companies out there who actually care about customer service.
These users thanked the author Paul B for the post (total 2):
FishingAgain (24 Jan 2018, 22:22) • nala (13 Feb 2018, 12:01)

Steuk60 Scotland
Active Member
Posts: 72
Joined: 17 Jul 2017, 09:16
Boat Make: Honwave T38ie
Outboard: Mercury 15hp 2 stroke
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Fife
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: My new Boat

Post by Steuk60 » 24 Jan 2018, 10:06

That’s good news Paul, when you get a company that bends over backwards to help like that, you will not go elsewhere! And it’s also a great recommendation to anyone else looking to upgrade, which I may well do in the near future, “if my wallet allows it” like you I’ll sell my current sib, I’ve only got room for 1. Lol! I’ll be watching for your next post saying “it’s arrived” cheers,,stewart..ps, I’ve only been sibbing a few months and while I’m happy with my seapro310 hd, I’m already thinking “Honwave”. Cheers fae sunny fife!!
These users thanked the author Steuk60 for the post (total 2):
Paul B (24 Jan 2018, 10:32) • nala (13 Feb 2018, 12:03)

User avatar
Paul B Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2065
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
Location: UK
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: My new Boat

Post by Paul B » 24 Jan 2018, 10:40

I think it was just one of them things and sometimes the best get something wrong, Honda don’t make the sibs And its subcontracted out to some factory in China to make them, probably the same company make loads of different makes, Once in a while one which is sub standard gets through and unfortunately I found it :lol:

It hasn’t put me off Hinwaves in the slightest and I would still highly recommend them to anyone, so don’t be put of with what’s happened with mine, if you are swapping yours, and The Honwaves suit your needs it’s the best boat in its sector as far as I’m concerned

Just give Ely boat chandlers a shout, not only first class service but the cheapest I could find as well
These users thanked the author Paul B for the post:
nala (13 Feb 2018, 12:03)

User avatar
Si Crowe Great Britain
Veteran Member
Posts: 585
Joined: 24 Aug 2015, 15:29
Boat Make: DS110, Seago 240 Airdeck
Outboard: 2xPerkins Sabres 225HP, 5HP Mariner 2Stroke
Location: York
Has thanked: 180 times
Been thanked: 115 times

Re: My new Boat

Post by Si Crowe » 24 Jan 2018, 11:04

Good to hear they are sorting you out. And in good time for the season too...

Lets face it, issues happen but its how a company deals with problems that lets you know if they are worth dealing with. In this case they are doing a good job of cementing the relationship with you for ongoing business (plus if they didn't a negative post on a forum like this could have bigger implications for them where people vote with their feet and go elsewhere).
These users thanked the author Si Crowe for the post (total 2):
Paul B (24 Jan 2018, 23:12) • nala (13 Feb 2018, 12:03)
If it has t*ts, tyres or floats......it's gonna cost ya!

User avatar
kaman
Super Poster
Posts: 846
Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 23:01
Boat Make: Honwave 3.5a Honwave t3.8
Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp
Suzuki 2.5hp
Suzuki 2.2hp
MMSI Number: 235114675
Location: South West Scotland
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 135 times

Re: My new Boat

Post by kaman » 24 Jan 2018, 21:53

Just reading your new boat issues.
Glad your getting it sorted promptly :thumbsup
Your right I wouldn't be put off Honwave eithers good sibs and tough as old boots and high quality finish - when the fabrication workers ain't high on glue fumes :lol:
These users thanked the author kaman for the post (total 2):
Paul B (24 Jan 2018, 23:12) • nala (13 Feb 2018, 12:04)

User avatar
Paul B Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2065
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
Location: UK
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: My new Boat

Post by Paul B » 29 Jan 2018, 12:10

This was most definitely a Friday afternoon build, even the starboard tube has lost a good 80-90% of air in less than 1 week , :lol: still won’t be putting me off Honwaves :thumbsup
These users thanked the author Paul B for the post:
nala (13 Feb 2018, 12:04)

User avatar
Steve Great Britain
Veteran Member
Posts: 336
Joined: 25 Apr 2017, 11:12
Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
Outboard: Suzuki DF20AS
Yamaha F6CMHS
MMSI Number: 235902190
Location: Fife
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: My new Boat

Post by Steve » 02 Feb 2018, 11:14

I'm just reading this too - not good! But, glad you are getting it sorted now. Not having to fight for a replacement is a good outcome too. Shame the quality control failed in the factory, but great to know there's all this backup if needed!

I bought my T38 for Richard @ EBC last year - I rate them highly too!
These users thanked the author Steve for the post (total 2):
Paul B (02 Feb 2018, 14:22) • nala (13 Feb 2018, 12:04)

User avatar
Paul B Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2065
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
Location: UK
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: My new Boat

Post by Paul B » 02 Feb 2018, 14:22

Cannot really fault EBC at all, they have been superb all way with ordering the boat and getting the problem sorted out, Had a phone call earlier today from Liam @EBC and they are picking up the old hull on Monday at the same time as the new one will be delivered,

They have checked and inflated the new boat before sending it and all is good, cracking service from both Richard and Liam , so if anybody wants a Honwave or even other items to do with boating I would highly recommend them ,
These users thanked the author Paul B for the post:
nala (13 Feb 2018, 12:04)

User avatar
Paul
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 3056
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
MMSI Number: 235915479
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Has thanked: 459 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: My new Boat

Post by Paul » 02 Feb 2018, 21:18

Great news Paul :clappy and all credit to Richard and Liam at EBC providing good customer support :thumbsup
Looking forward to reading about your maiden voyage with TTIWWP
:cheers
These users thanked the author Paul for the post:
nala (13 Feb 2018, 12:04)

User avatar
mattswan2512
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1758
Joined: 13 Jul 2015, 10:34
Boat Make: F-Rib 330
Outboard: Mercury 15hp ss 2 smoker.
Location: Sunny southampton
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: My new Boat

Post by mattswan2512 » 02 Feb 2018, 22:03

Hi paul sorry to hear of your woes mate....such a shame as honda marine make great boats and i would never let this one little hickup (altho a pain) cause a change in opinion on them.... probably pound for pound the most robust of sibs with incredible weight carrying capabilities.

Glad tgey have taken the morale ground and replaced it for the real deal. Just a shame its happened to you mate. :hugs
These users thanked the author mattswan2512 for the post:
nala (13 Feb 2018, 12:05)
Life is like a chocolate bar........
If you hold onto it for too long u get covered in sh☆t so......
live a life you will remember, not a life full of untested dreams.

Post Reply

Return to “My Boat / My Build...”