Page 1 of 1

Help with F-Rib 330 Repair.

Posted: 19 Aug 2023, 12:38
by trevor330
I have a F-Rib 330 and have been using it for sea fishing.
Whilst putting it away I felt a slight snag and realised I've ripped a small hole below.
I've tried to repair this with the included glue but didn't have a good feeling about it and removed this. Now stuck with a load of adhesive on the bottom.. :roll: Even with acetone with is proving hard to remove.


As im going afew miles out at sea I'd don't want to take any chances. I noticed both areas could do with a patch as its the pressure point where the fold is. Does anyone have any advice on if there is anywhere I can take this in and around London to get this reinforced.

Doesn't feel like something I should be taking the risk with at sea!

Thank you,

T

Screenshot 2023-08-19 at 13.37.11.png
Screenshot 2023-08-19 at 13.37.11.png
Screenshot 2023-08-19 at 13.34.31.png

Re: Help with F-Rib 330 Repair.

Posted: 19 Aug 2023, 13:05
by trevor330
Screenshot 2023-08-19 at 14.05.20.png

Re: Help with F-Rib 330 Repair.

Posted: 20 Aug 2023, 04:56
by N1ck
Hi Trevor, I know its not London but highly recommend Rodella Ribs in Poole for repairs, have had several repairs carried out by them and their work is first class and nice bloke to boot. Hope this helps

Re: Help with F-Rib 330 Repair.

Posted: 22 Aug 2023, 11:48
by Denis26
Hello,

I understand your concern about the damage to your F-Rib 330. It's wise to prioritize safety, especially when heading out to sea. Since you're looking for reinforcement options in and around London, consider reaching out to local boat repair shops or marine services. They should be able to assess the damage and provide you with professional advice on how to reinforce the areas with patches or appropriate repairs. This will help ensure your boat's integrity while you're out on the water.

Best regards,

Re: Help with F-Rib 330 Repair.

Posted: 22 Aug 2023, 17:01
by rogerblack
Just a wee tip for future - those supplied adhesives aren't great, to do a proper job you need to use the two-part type as appropriate for the material (my SIB isn't F-Rib so I don't know whether yours is PVC or Hypalon).

Good advice can be had here:

https://www.polymarine.com/advice/

Hope you get it sorted anyhow.

Re: Help with F-Rib 330 Repair.

Posted: 23 Aug 2023, 22:16
by trevor330
thanks all,

I went with this company, he did a great job.
would recommend highly. - https://www.ribfix.co.uk