TRIM ANGLE

The Bar...
Chat about anything here (within reason) Please keep it polite and PC
Post Reply
Fitchie23 Great Britain
I'm New
Posts: 22
Joined: 26 Sep 2020, 17:10
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Blackpool
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

TRIM ANGLE

Post by Fitchie23 » 20 Apr 2021, 09:04

Hi,

Does anyone on here own an F-RIB 360 / Suzuki DF20 combo that have played around with the trim angle on the outboard? Just wondering what your experiences have been if so, best all round position etc. for boat performance.

Cheers.

User avatar
harrison Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1846
Joined: 18 Mar 2015, 17:14
Boat Make: XS500/Merc340/Elling/Bic
Outboard: Mariner60,20,3.5,Tohatsu9.8,Hon2.3,ThrustMe Kicker
Location: Midlands & Up North
Has thanked: 284 times
Been thanked: 746 times

Re: TRIM ANGLE

Post by harrison » 20 Apr 2021, 10:58

Back in the day I seem to recall we ran our F-Rib375/Suzuki 20 combo on trim position 2 of 5 and with a 10mm spacer on top of transom. Position 1 being closest the transom.
harrison

'The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves'

Fitchie23 Great Britain
I'm New
Posts: 22
Joined: 26 Sep 2020, 17:10
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Blackpool
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: TRIM ANGLE

Post by Fitchie23 » 20 Apr 2021, 15:08

Thanks for the reply harrison. What did you use the spacer for? Appologies if its an obvious question but I am a boat newby.

User avatar
ChrisParish Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 2049
Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
MMSI Number: 235916094
Location: Poole
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 636 times

Re: TRIM ANGLE

Post by ChrisParish » 20 Apr 2021, 16:28

Pretty sure that @Martin runs his trimmed right in at hole 1.
No doubt he will be along to comment.
These users thanked the author ChrisParish for the post:
Fitchie23 (20 Apr 2021, 18:32)
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: TRIM ANGLE

Post by Martin » 20 Apr 2021, 17:04

Hi @Fitchie23 👍🏻
@ChrisParish is correct, I’ve run mine on pin 1 for the last few years. I’ve tried various angles and various loads in various conditions and the all rounder position 1 works perfect for me.
I have a Frib 375, slightly longer than yours and a single skinned hull which is a lighter design than the one Harrison had.
HTH..
Martin :cheers
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

Fitchie23 Great Britain
I'm New
Posts: 22
Joined: 26 Sep 2020, 17:10
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Blackpool
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: TRIM ANGLE

Post by Fitchie23 » 20 Apr 2021, 18:28

Cheers for that Martin. I'll be honest I have only tried position 1 so far and was happy with how the boat performed. The main reason for wanting to experiment was due to where my transducer is mounted on the transom. In position 2 I will have enough clearance for side scan, but if I lose performance I can live without. Taking it out over the weekend so will give position 2 a try anyway and see what the outcome is.

Post Reply

Return to “Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter”