Page 1 of 1

Outboard Trolly

Posted: 20 Nov 2020, 16:20
by Fitchie23
Hi,

Does anyone have any recomendations for a decent outboard trolly for a 20HP (44kg) that doesnt cost the earth?

I have been looking at one in the link below, but at £165 it seems a bit expensive for what it is.

https://www.tridentuk.com/gb/outboard-e ... stand.html

I do like the way this one could double up as a trolly for moving the boat due to the lack of side support frame. The others I have seen are similar to as below, but on the whole get poor reviews.

https://www.gaelforcemarine.co.uk/en/GB ... aIQAvD_BwE

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Re: Outboard Trolly

Posted: 20 Nov 2020, 16:57
by harrison
Lots on here, including myself, just use ‘el cheapo’ sack trucks readily available from your local Machine Mart/Screwfix (other brands available). Add a bit of timberwork and job done.

All man enough for those lardy 20 horse 4-strokes. :thumbsup

4B297A2F-4811-4C6E-A8E7-D983245AFFD0.jpeg
8D94D5C2-B919-4B8B-BFDE-E6C077D540DC.jpeg

Re: Outboard Trolly

Posted: 20 Nov 2020, 17:20
by Fitchie23
That looks absolutely ideal, many thanks, will get one ordered!

Re: Outboard Trolly

Posted: 20 Nov 2020, 17:34
by Sibfisher
Not long made one myself for my 9.8hp weighs 40kg out of a old sack barrow and a few bits of wood I had laying around, bit like Ians has made for his, as said there are a lot out there that will give a good idea.
IMG_20201108_141248.jpg

Re: Outboard Trolly

Posted: 21 Nov 2020, 14:23
by rogerblack
Depends if you want one that'll go in your vehicle to use at launch point - I've got one similar to this but I made a few mods, including changing several of the nuts to wing nuts so I can fold it down for transportation when using my camper van. I also added small castor wheels to the handles so I can tilt it up and slide the carrier and outboard together into the boot of my SUV.



Or for a bit more money, there's this one:

https://www.marinesuperstore.com/engine ... BNEALw_wcB

or this:

https://www.bhg-marine.co.uk/easy-motor ... 5869-p.asp

Re: Outboard Trolly

Posted: 21 Nov 2020, 19:37
by Fitchie23
Cheers for the replies lads.

I'm going to go with the modified sack truck I think, as I will get the benefit of it doubling up to move the boat too when needed.

Re: Outboard Trolly

Posted: 03 Dec 2020, 23:20
by Martin
I have this..
https://www.bhg-marine.co.uk/easy-motor ... -253-c.asp

It’s brilliant, tho the sack carts work just great too 👍🏻

Martin :cheers

Re: Outboard Trolly

Posted: 09 Dec 2020, 00:10
by surfstar
D I Y

I'm way too cheap to spend the $ on a pre-made one. I'll only be using it for a 6 hp / 23 kg motor, but this will hold my weight (77 kg) and felt solid.
USD $12 in wood, $6 in screws, $12 more for caster wheels (not shown)
Easy to scale up for more weight, also. Tweaked version from this thread: https://forums.iboats.com/threads/diy-o ... es.686606/
stand.jpg