Page 1 of 1

Excel Volante SD-330

Posted: 23 May 2017, 10:08
by komplexpro
Here’s my new SIB, Excel Volante SD330 :yay
IMG_2300.JPG
https://youtu.be/V8tgo5S66oA

I received the SIB last Wednesday, I have taken it out Saturday and Sunday to Normans Bay and I’m impressed with how well it performs.
It has an air deck which is very stable plus the inflatable keel makes it very agile and responsive. I tested it with 3 people on board and there was no issues but I noticed that my outboard needs top end tuning.
With the weather looking promising I’ve Booked a 3 day stay at an holiday park by the Beach in Eastbourne, really looking forward to the weekend.

Re: Excel Volante SD-330

Posted: 23 May 2017, 10:53
by Paul B
Looks a nice setup mate, did it get up on plane with 3 up ok :D

Re: Excel Volante SD-330

Posted: 23 May 2017, 11:12
by komplexpro
Not with 3 up Paul B ;-) but we were powering along nicely, when it was just me I was taken by surprise on how fast it is compared to my last SIB, changing direction was almost like Automan's car :D

Re: Excel Volante SD-330

Posted: 23 May 2017, 15:04
by John
I Like it, looks like a good sib. I've got a 9.9 and a cheap! sib.
It's nice to know when I upgrade my sib it will motor ok with the 9.9.
I hope a video of it in action might follow one day soon.

is there good launching at Normans Bay and at eastbourne?

Best wishes

Re: Excel Volante SD-330

Posted: 24 May 2017, 09:51
by Pete
That's a sexy looking SIB there fella :D I see they have added grab straps near the bow...Did you inflate your keel to 0.4 ?

Re: Excel Volante SD-330

Posted: 24 May 2017, 10:12
by komplexpro
Thank you Pete, I'm really happy with it, especially when I got such a good deal from Excel inflatables.

I did inflate the keel to 0.4 as it was suggested, tubes to 0.25 and floor to 0.70, the manual pump does a great job of inflating the SIB to the required pressures and quickly.
Now I need to add the launching wheels, Fish finder and rod holders.

On another note does anyone know how to tune a Merc 9.9 4stk, at top end the revs reduce slightly as if is not getting the right mix of fuel and air?

Re: Excel Volante SD-330

Posted: 24 May 2017, 10:33
by komplexpro
Hi John,

My 9.9 performed well with 3 up, nothing excessive just contact forward momentum, when I was alone at full power it was insane and almost took me by surprise how quick it was especially when changing direction.

I will be down Eastbourne for the weekend and I will be launching from Martello beach holiday park (Blue) but I have also used another beach (red) to launch from, the only issue with this one is that there are big boulders to climb.
map.PNG
A really good launching site that I 've used is Dymchurch, you can park right next to the ramp and at high tide you would be about 5 meters from the water's edge and at low tide you would be about 150-200 meters from the water's edge.
map 2.PNG

Re: Excel Volante SD-330

Posted: 24 May 2017, 10:36
by komplexpro
Got my new GoPro session so new video coming soon :yay

Re: Excel Volante SD-330

Posted: 24 May 2017, 13:03
by John
Thanks so much for putting the pictures of the launch sites.
Very helpful! I will definitely use them sometime.
Look forward to a go pro video. :thumbsup