Excel Volante SD-330

The Bar...
Chat about anything here (within reason) Please keep it polite and PC
Post Reply
User avatar
komplexpro
I'm New
Posts: 20
Joined: 03 Apr 2017, 12:48
Boat Make: Excel SD-330
Outboard: Mercury 9.9 4 st
MMSI Number: 235901944
Location: Stratford - East London
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Excel Volante SD-330

Post by komplexpro » 23 May 2017, 10:08

Here’s my new SIB, Excel Volante SD330 :yay
IMG_2300.JPG
https://youtu.be/V8tgo5S66oA

I received the SIB last Wednesday, I have taken it out Saturday and Sunday to Normans Bay and I’m impressed with how well it performs.
It has an air deck which is very stable plus the inflatable keel makes it very agile and responsive. I tested it with 3 people on board and there was no issues but I noticed that my outboard needs top end tuning.
With the weather looking promising I’ve Booked a 3 day stay at an holiday park by the Beach in Eastbourne, really looking forward to the weekend.

User avatar
Paul B Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2065
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
Location: UK
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: Excel Volante SD-330

Post by Paul B » 23 May 2017, 10:53

Looks a nice setup mate, did it get up on plane with 3 up ok :D

User avatar
komplexpro
I'm New
Posts: 20
Joined: 03 Apr 2017, 12:48
Boat Make: Excel SD-330
Outboard: Mercury 9.9 4 st
MMSI Number: 235901944
Location: Stratford - East London
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Excel Volante SD-330

Post by komplexpro » 23 May 2017, 11:12

Not with 3 up Paul B ;-) but we were powering along nicely, when it was just me I was taken by surprise on how fast it is compared to my last SIB, changing direction was almost like Automan's car :D

John
Active Member
Posts: 52
Joined: 27 Apr 2017, 16:55
Boat Make: 320(Jago)-cheapie sib !!
Outboard: F9.9 JMHS YAMAHA
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Excel Volante SD-330

Post by John » 23 May 2017, 15:04

I Like it, looks like a good sib. I've got a 9.9 and a cheap! sib.
It's nice to know when I upgrade my sib it will motor ok with the 9.9.
I hope a video of it in action might follow one day soon.

is there good launching at Normans Bay and at eastbourne?

Best wishes

User avatar
Pete England
Veteran Member
Posts: 364
Joined: 09 Apr 2016, 11:21
Boat Make: Excel Volante 330
Outboard: Yamaha 6 HP 4 Stroke
Location: Manchester
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: Excel Volante SD-330

Post by Pete » 24 May 2017, 09:51

That's a sexy looking SIB there fella :D I see they have added grab straps near the bow...Did you inflate your keel to 0.4 ?
These users thanked the author Pete for the post:
komplexpro (10 Jul 2017, 11:47)

User avatar
komplexpro
I'm New
Posts: 20
Joined: 03 Apr 2017, 12:48
Boat Make: Excel SD-330
Outboard: Mercury 9.9 4 st
MMSI Number: 235901944
Location: Stratford - East London
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Excel Volante SD-330

Post by komplexpro » 24 May 2017, 10:12

Thank you Pete, I'm really happy with it, especially when I got such a good deal from Excel inflatables.

I did inflate the keel to 0.4 as it was suggested, tubes to 0.25 and floor to 0.70, the manual pump does a great job of inflating the SIB to the required pressures and quickly.
Now I need to add the launching wheels, Fish finder and rod holders.

On another note does anyone know how to tune a Merc 9.9 4stk, at top end the revs reduce slightly as if is not getting the right mix of fuel and air?

User avatar
komplexpro
I'm New
Posts: 20
Joined: 03 Apr 2017, 12:48
Boat Make: Excel SD-330
Outboard: Mercury 9.9 4 st
MMSI Number: 235901944
Location: Stratford - East London
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Excel Volante SD-330

Post by komplexpro » 24 May 2017, 10:33

Hi John,

My 9.9 performed well with 3 up, nothing excessive just contact forward momentum, when I was alone at full power it was insane and almost took me by surprise how quick it was especially when changing direction.

I will be down Eastbourne for the weekend and I will be launching from Martello beach holiday park (Blue) but I have also used another beach (red) to launch from, the only issue with this one is that there are big boulders to climb.
map.PNG
A really good launching site that I 've used is Dymchurch, you can park right next to the ramp and at high tide you would be about 5 meters from the water's edge and at low tide you would be about 150-200 meters from the water's edge.
map 2.PNG

User avatar
komplexpro
I'm New
Posts: 20
Joined: 03 Apr 2017, 12:48
Boat Make: Excel SD-330
Outboard: Mercury 9.9 4 st
MMSI Number: 235901944
Location: Stratford - East London
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Excel Volante SD-330

Post by komplexpro » 24 May 2017, 10:36

Got my new GoPro session so new video coming soon :yay

John
Active Member
Posts: 52
Joined: 27 Apr 2017, 16:55
Boat Make: 320(Jago)-cheapie sib !!
Outboard: F9.9 JMHS YAMAHA
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Excel Volante SD-330

Post by John » 24 May 2017, 13:03

Thanks so much for putting the pictures of the launch sites.
Very helpful! I will definitely use them sometime.
Look forward to a go pro video. :thumbsup

Post Reply

Return to “Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter”