What did you do to or with your boat today?

The Bar...
Chat about anything here (within reason) Please keep it polite and PC
DrHair Great Britain
Active Member
Posts: 90
Joined: 08 Sep 2016, 19:42
Boat Make: Frib 460S
Outboard: Tohatsu 9.8 2 stroke
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Warwick
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 21 times
Contact:

Re: What did you do to or with your boat today?

Post by DrHair » 22 May 2017, 20:23

I took my Frib 460 S for its' inaugurable sail. Further information is in the 460 review section.

But it was a glorious weekend, both outboards worked perfectly, I got on the plane, there was plenty of room (even enough for sleeping if something could be rigged up with duck boards).

The Maltsters at Tuckenhay served the best minute steak and chips ever. Even more unexpected was the two stag parties and a hens too - all parties unconnected so a strange coincidence and destination. The girls were dressed up as movie characters - you can just see the Lion from Oz and Robin Hood in the picture...
IMG_4383.JPG

beerbelly Great Britain
Advanced Member
Posts: 288
Joined: 19 Jul 2015, 22:00
Boat Make: plastimo ms310 humber5.5
Outboard: mercury 8hp and now a mariner 115 ct
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Teeside - U.K
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: What did you do to or with your boat today?

Post by beerbelly » 13 Jul 2017, 22:32

sold the osprey planning its replacement

warder54 Great Britain
Super Poster
Posts: 645
Joined: 12 Aug 2016, 08:32
Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
Outboard: Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
Toh 20 efi
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Montrose -Scotland
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: What did you do to or with your boat today?

Post by warder54 » 14 Jul 2017, 19:27

Just sprayed a wasp nest inside my console on the Smartwave! buggers have built it around the steering cables - gonna be fun removing that in such a tight space.
Why am I here - I should be in my boat fishing!!
Mike Elliott

User avatar
9-R Republic of Texas
Super Poster
Posts: 932
Joined: 12 Feb 2016, 13:56
Boat Make: Boston Whaler Montauk 170
Outboard: Mercury 90hp EFI
Location: The Republic of Texas
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 122 times

Re: What did you do to or with your boat today?

Post by 9-R » 14 Jul 2017, 19:29

Heading up to storage so I can bring it back home and hopefully make some mods/improvements before heading out early the next morning.
Wrote a note said, 'back in a minute'. Bought a boat and I sailed off in it.

warder54 Great Britain
Super Poster
Posts: 645
Joined: 12 Aug 2016, 08:32
Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
Outboard: Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
Toh 20 efi
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Montrose -Scotland
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: What did you do to or with your boat today?

Post by warder54 » 16 Jul 2017, 07:32

Today I'll be repairing some (many!) Pot holes in my driveway

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Why am I here - I should be in my boat fishing!!
Mike Elliott

chris moody Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2348
Joined: 24 Mar 2015, 12:19
Boat Make: Takacat 3.4
Outboard: Tohatsu 9.8 2s
MMSI Number: 235900806
Location: Braunston
Has thanked: 146 times
Been thanked: 443 times

Re: What did you do to or with your boat today?

Post by chris moody » 16 Jul 2017, 12:34

Had a few days away on the "dark side" boat sailing
EC7DA5F5-117C-496D-A8AB-69EF5133B546.jpeg
Last edited by Paul B on 13 Mar 2018, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Embed pic
Chris Moody
Taka Tigga: Takacat 3.4 Tohatsu 9.8

User avatar
Paul
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 3056
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
MMSI Number: 235915479
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Has thanked: 459 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: What did you do to or with your boat today?

Post by Paul » 16 Jul 2017, 23:42

Failed to follow my own advice to keep the launch wheel tyre pressures at their max 30 psi :thud
Last weekends outing tore the rubber innertube from the brass valve, as always happens, so replaced both tubes as one was punched :oops:
At less than a tenner for the pair posted , I can live with that :)
Silly old fart ..... I'll go stand in the corner :roll:
:cheers

User avatar
Paul B Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2065
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
Location: UK
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: What did you do to or with your boat today?

Post by Paul B » 17 Jul 2017, 10:41

On the theme of launching wheels, I've finally ditched the boddged wheels from my Honwave and put on a nice new shiny set, delivered brand new for the bargain price of £130 Just hope it cures the amount of spray over the transom I was getting with the old set
Pictures shows how much the transom brackets had bent, partly due to a modification the previous owner had attempted , badly I might add also due to being the standard lightweight version, :Boxsmile When using them you must ensure that when turning the boat that the wheels are revolving at the same time or they bend very easily :whistle
Attachments
IMG_3602.JPG
IMG_3598.JPG

User avatar
Captain cod England
Veteran Member
Posts: 373
Joined: 24 Nov 2016, 21:51
Boat Make: Humber
Outboard: Mariner 40hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Manchester
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: What did you do to or with your boat today?

Post by Captain cod » 30 Jul 2017, 22:52

I added a kill switch to my outboard. It does sound very loud in the video. I'm glad it's not that loud in real life or I'd have to wear ear defenders all the time.

Admin Edit..
To view this video click the Vid - 20170730mp4 wording below the empty box
The video is not a Youtube attachment, it is loaded directly to the forum
Attachments

VID-20170730-WA0002.mp4 [ 7.95 MiB | Viewed 3318 times ]


acidcloud
Active Member
Posts: 131
Joined: 07 Jul 2017, 22:11
Boat Make: Warrior 165
Outboard: 70 Hp Suzuki
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Brighton
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: What did you do to or with your boat today?

Post by acidcloud » 31 Jul 2017, 20:31

Fitted launch wheels on the new Honwave T38 IE.
Checked out potential launch sites by visiting each between Seahaven and Shoreham.
Down to 4, but Rottingdean and Rope and Tackle at Shoreham tops.

Thinking of going out first trip tomorrow morning.

Phil

Post Reply

Return to “Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter”