Boat finally acquired

The Bar...
Chat about anything here (within reason) Please keep it polite and PC
Post Reply
knaus470 Great Britain
I'm New
Posts: 22
Joined: 10 Jul 2019, 22:49
Location: Pennines
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Boat finally acquired

Post by knaus470 » 17 Oct 2020, 17:10

After lots of looking & searching, I've finally acquired my first 'proper' boat

It's not an inflatable, but it is quirky

Got a Porta Bote 12 ft with 4 hp, 4-stroke 'Nissan' outboard (rebadged Tohatsu)

Hope I'm still welcome on site :)
These users thanked the author knaus470 for the post:
Sarah (20 Oct 2020, 17:59)

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Boat finally acquired

Post by Martin » 17 Oct 2020, 22:28

Hiya @knaus470 - of course you're still welcome... :lol:
However.... We do like pictures here, so please share an image or two of your newly purchased porta boat :thumbsup

Martin :cheers
These users thanked the author Martin for the post:
knaus470 (18 Oct 2020, 20:58)
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

knaus470 Great Britain
I'm New
Posts: 22
Joined: 10 Jul 2019, 22:49
Location: Pennines
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Boat finally acquired

Post by knaus470 » 18 Oct 2020, 20:56

Admin Edit..
IMAGE LINKS BROKEN & REMOVED


https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/LP1gV ... authuser=0

warder54 Great Britain
Super Poster
Posts: 645
Joined: 12 Aug 2016, 08:32
Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
Outboard: Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
Toh 20 efi
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Montrose -Scotland
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: Boat finally acquired

Post by warder54 » 19 Oct 2020, 12:55

Welcome. I used to have a 14' "bote" and a 9.8 Tohatsu, I loved it, the handling took some getting used to! it has 3 hull chines including the Keel - it tracked so well it was weird in a swell, took a while for me to trust it and stick to my line. If I tried to correct it would slew around and almost capsize!! Once used to that I would take it anywhere and often fished 3 up off Arbroath in the North Sea. Loch Lomond was great too, will see if I can find pics of my setup.
Found one, Milarrochy Bay Camping and Caravan site - has it's own Slip and Jetty.
She has a name!.JPG
These users thanked the author warder54 for the post:
knaus470 (24 Nov 2020, 23:21)
Why am I here - I should be in my boat fishing!!
Mike Elliott

warder54 Great Britain
Super Poster
Posts: 645
Joined: 12 Aug 2016, 08:32
Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
Outboard: Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
Toh 20 efi
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Montrose -Scotland
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: Boat finally acquired

Post by warder54 » 19 Oct 2020, 12:57

Sorry - it was a Parsun!!
Why am I here - I should be in my boat fishing!!
Mike Elliott

Post Reply

Return to “Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter”