Winsford Marina

The Bar...
Chat about anything here (within reason) Please keep it polite and PC
Post Reply
TheDampMan1 Scotland
I'm New
Posts: 24
Joined: 07 May 2020, 14:38
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Stoke on Trent
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Winsford Marina

Post by TheDampMan1 » 26 Jun 2020, 12:37

Hi All
We are thinking of trying our sib out this weekend have been told we could launch from Winsford Marina anybody know if this is correct?
Any other recommends as where to launch from we are in Staffordshire?
Thanks.

Sibfisher Spain
Veteran Member
Posts: 420
Joined: 21 Feb 2020, 18:18
Boat Make: Elling KB 350
Outboard: Orca 9.8 4 Stroke
MMSI Number: 1
Location: Tui, Spain
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: Winsford Marina

Post by Sibfisher » 27 Jun 2020, 15:59

Hi DampMan1
That is where I have been trying my Sib out, there is a good ramp to launch from, be carefull when going around the lake as it is very shallow in the middle with a sand bank , I know I got stuck in it first time out.
You can go along the river weaver, I have been told the last time I was there you need a permit from the canal & river trust.
Good luck and enjoy your boat

TheDampMan1 Scotland
I'm New
Posts: 24
Joined: 07 May 2020, 14:38
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Stoke on Trent
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Winsford Marina

Post by TheDampMan1 » 28 Jun 2020, 07:52

Is the slip way by the red lion pub?
is there anywhere else local ish?

Sibfisher Spain
Veteran Member
Posts: 420
Joined: 21 Feb 2020, 18:18
Boat Make: Elling KB 350
Outboard: Orca 9.8 4 Stroke
MMSI Number: 1
Location: Tui, Spain
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: Winsford Marina

Post by Sibfisher » 28 Jun 2020, 08:55

Thats the only one i know off

Post Reply

Return to “Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter”