New toy

The Bar...
Chat about anything here (within reason) Please keep it polite and PC
Tj123 England
I'm New
Posts: 13
Joined: 06 Aug 2019, 06:03
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Wantage
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 2 times

New toy

Post by Tj123 » 21 Sep 2019, 13:55

Went to pacer Marine today, and picked up my new honwave t38ie 2.
Have inflated her up to pressure all round and checked the keel as far as I can tell it all looks fine so guess I'm one of the the lucky ones in that respect. Looking forward to getting out on the water with her when work allows.
IMG_20190921_132006.jpg
IMG_20190921_144458.jpg
These users thanked the author Tj123 for the post:
Sarah (22 Sep 2019, 22:03)

User avatar
ChrisParish Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 2049
Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
MMSI Number: 235916094
Location: Poole
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 636 times

Re: New toy

Post by ChrisParish » 21 Sep 2019, 13:56

Excellent and Congratulations! Everyone loves a new boat.
I am really pleased you have a good one.
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.

Tj123 England
I'm New
Posts: 13
Joined: 06 Aug 2019, 06:03
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Wantage
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: New toy

Post by Tj123 » 21 Sep 2019, 14:33

Cheers Chris must admit I was a bit worried after reading all that has been said on the forum, but after reading how highly rated a good one is by yourself and Harrison I thought I would risk it and Kevin at pacer Marine said if there was a problem with the keel he would happily exchange it.

User avatar
ChrisParish Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 2049
Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
MMSI Number: 235916094
Location: Poole
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 636 times

Re: New toy

Post by ChrisParish » 21 Sep 2019, 15:40

What engine are you pairing it with?
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.

Tj123 England
I'm New
Posts: 13
Joined: 06 Aug 2019, 06:03
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Wantage
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: New toy

Post by Tj123 » 21 Sep 2019, 16:21

I've got a a new tohatsu 15hp fuel injection which will be main engine. Also have a 15hp yamaha 2 stroke.

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: New toy

Post by Martin » 22 Sep 2019, 14:11

Congrats on your purchase!! :clappy
If the floor is as it should be, you'll find the T38ie to be superb and it'll give you many years of service.

Martin :cheers
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

Tj123 England
I'm New
Posts: 13
Joined: 06 Aug 2019, 06:03
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Wantage
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: New toy

Post by Tj123 » 23 Sep 2019, 08:49

Thank you Martin.
All I've got to do now is fit the pacer Marine launch wheels, and come up with a location for the transducer.

User avatar
ChrisParish Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 2049
Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
MMSI Number: 235916094
Location: Poole
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 636 times

Re: New toy

Post by ChrisParish » 23 Sep 2019, 13:58

Most of us fit the transducer to the leg of the launch wheels - is just about the only place due to those silly trim tabs.
These users thanked the author ChrisParish for the post:
Tj123 (23 Sep 2019, 14:19)
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.

User avatar
billysince1976 Great Britain
Newish Member, But I Like It Here
Posts: 33
Joined: 11 May 2019, 23:18
Boat Make: Honwave T40
Outboard: Mercury 20HP EFI
MMSI Number: 10
Location: London
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: New toy

Post by billysince1976 » 23 Sep 2019, 14:12

Tj123 wrote: ↑
21 Sep 2019, 14:33
Cheers Chris must admit I was a bit worried after reading all that has been said on the forum, but after reading how highly rated a good one is by yourself and Harrison I thought I would risk it and Kevin at pacer Marine said if there was a problem with the keel he would happily exchange it.
Welcome to the forum Tj123, I am glad that you have got a good boat!
After returning the faulty T38s, I decided to order a Honwave T40. The built quality really impressed me especially after all the hassles, I became more critical when checking the boat, and the boat is spot on and runs faultlessly! I think the issue was a few bad productions were on the market but no one can deny that Honwave boats are one of the leading brands that offers high-quality product at an affordable price.
You are at the right place and there are so many knowledgable and respectful members on this forum that are willing to offer suggestions.
Well done and happy sibbing! :welcome
These users thanked the author billysince1976 for the post:
Tj123 (23 Sep 2019, 14:18)

User avatar
harrison Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1846
Joined: 18 Mar 2015, 17:14
Boat Make: XS500/Merc340/Elling/Bic
Outboard: Mariner60,20,3.5,Tohatsu9.8,Hon2.3,ThrustMe Kicker
Location: Midlands & Up North
Has thanked: 284 times
Been thanked: 746 times

Re: New toy

Post by harrison » 23 Sep 2019, 17:40

Nice one Tj, great to hear you’ve got a good T38.....rarer than hen’s teeth at the mo.

Would love hear how it goes with the Tohatsu.

Enjoy. :thumbsup
harrison

'The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves'

Post Reply

Return to “Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter”