What have you been doing, other than boating

The Bar...
Chat about anything here (within reason) Please keep it polite and PC
User avatar
Paul
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 3056
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
MMSI Number: 235915479
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Has thanked: 459 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: What have you been doing, other than boating ?

Post by Paul » 05 Jun 2017, 20:59

Spent most of the day sorting out Parcel Force's fook ups :evil: :evil: :evil:

As you know I ordered some of Pete's woodcraft pieces a week or so ago 8-)
Pete despatched them via Parcel Farce on a 48hr service ......... a WEEK later they tried to deliver but no one was home so they left a note to say "collect from your local Post Office".
Went to my local PO and no package :( ...... went to distribution centre and no package :cry: ....... contact with Parcel Farce and they don't know where package was left :thud
Phoneing around was a waste of time and quite frankly no one gave a fook :twisted:
So it was left to me to investigate and after visiting 8 Post Offices and 2 distribution centres I eventually found my package :yay

It was worth the effort and I'm more than happy with my goods :D
Pete's skills are very impressive and the finished products are excellent :respect :thumbsup
IMG_0807.JPG
Woodcraft
Great work Pete and :TY
:cheers

User avatar
Pete England
Veteran Member
Posts: 364
Joined: 09 Apr 2016, 11:21
Boat Make: Excel Volante 330
Outboard: Yamaha 6 HP 4 Stroke
Location: Manchester
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: What have you been doing, other than boating ?

Post by Pete » 06 Jun 2017, 19:55

Bloody hell Paul I thought you'd receive it a lot earlier but was keeping quite :D That's really crap service. I used to use Hermes a lot but their average was five days...
Happy it's turned up and your happy with the stuff :D

User avatar
James England
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1115
Joined: 01 Aug 2015, 12:25
Boat Make: F-Rib 360
Outboard: 1999 Johnson 2-Stroke 15 HP
MMSI Number: 235914355
Location: Copthorne, West Sussex
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 61 times
Contact:

Re: What have you been doing, other than boating ?

Post by James » 06 Jun 2017, 23:01

That woodcraft looks excellent!. I wish I had those kind of skills.

Today I've been researching brake kits, service kits and how to replace ball joins on my Navara so I can get it all sorted for the Scotland trip.

Now to investigate aircon cos I'll end up with sweaty armpits before I get there!.
James

2015 F-Rib 360 married to a 1999 fully rebuilt 15hp 2 Stroke Johnson engine and 22 litre fuel tank.
Mods: Launch wheels, Towing Eyes, 2 Bench Seat Cushions, and 1 Bench Seat Bag
Boat name: Cichlid

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: What have you been doing, other than boating ?

Post by Martin » 07 Jun 2017, 06:55

Looking good Paul, I agree the quality is superb.Well done Peter.. :clappy

James, the oil filter is a bit awkward if you've not done one before I'd recommend attacking it from underneath with a 15" (10 + 5" extension) and a filter strap.
Once loose I tend to do mine from the top.
Genuine nissan filters are valved so you won't get oil all over the place. Give me a ring if you get stuck with anything.

Brake pads are easy, I always drop the wheel/drum off to do the rears. Adjusting through the back plate will give you issues later on with a lip on the drum.

Air con, is everything working correctly but just not blowing cold ?
My condenser blew, replaced/re-gassed and all Is good now.
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

User avatar
Paul B Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2065
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
Location: UK
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: What have you been doing, other than boating ?

Post by Paul B » 07 Jun 2017, 09:00

James wrote:That woodcraft looks excellent!. I wish I had those kind of skills.

Today I've been researching brake kits, service kits and how to replace ball joins on my Navara so I can get it all sorted for the Scotland trip.

Now to investigate aircon cos I'll end up with sweaty armpits before I get there!.
I have a good man who does mine, and what's even better is I pay him in fish and chips :lol: ehh Martin :whistle

On the air con, take it to your local kwik fit, for a recharge, if it's something else and it won't recharge, then they don't charge you anything, just had mine done yesterday and it's working great , and it was only £49
These users thanked the author Paul B for the post:
Martin (07 Jun 2017, 09:02)

User avatar
Capt Zode
I'm New
Posts: 11
Joined: 10 Jun 2017, 07:08
Boat Make: Zodiac classic mark 1
Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp 4 stroke
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Lancashire
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: What have you been doing, other than boating ?

Post by Capt Zode » 24 Jun 2017, 00:34

Making a tow bar carry rack.
These users thanked the author Capt Zode for the post:
Paul (24 Jun 2017, 08:29)

User avatar
Paul
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 3056
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
MMSI Number: 235915479
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Has thanked: 459 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: What have you been doing, other than boating ?

Post by Paul » 24 Jun 2017, 08:29

That's 8-) and very substantial :thumbsup
Great idea for those experiencing transportation/handleing/storeage difficulties :idea:
:cheers
These users thanked the author Paul for the post:
Capt Zode (24 Jun 2017, 13:09)

User avatar
Pete England
Veteran Member
Posts: 364
Joined: 09 Apr 2016, 11:21
Boat Make: Excel Volante 330
Outboard: Yamaha 6 HP 4 Stroke
Location: Manchester
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: What have you been doing, other than boating ?

Post by Pete » 24 Jun 2017, 08:47

That's is brilliant Capt Zode, any idea of the weight it will safely hold?
These users thanked the author Pete for the post:
Capt Zode (24 Jun 2017, 13:19)

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: What have you been doing, other than boating ?

Post by Martin » 24 Jun 2017, 09:37

That looks great, very well done. Looks like it's made for the job :clappy
:shame Now the possible negative.. I'd question its legality in length,carrying capacity, type approval requirements and lighting. Do check the construction and use regulations for compliance :|

I can't find much and you're probably within scope,
The maximum limit for the overhang is 60% of the wheelbase, or alternatively the maximum distance the rear of the vehicle may swing out when pulling away from a stationary position on a 12.5m radius is 0.8m.
Side marker lighting may be required if the rack is over 1 metre of the towball..
I'm pretty sure it will require the rear lights to be further to the side of the rack rather than a short light board.

I'm certainly not knocking you or your design, just giving you the heads up so you can double check before the police types pull you and make a meal of it :thumbsup
These users thanked the author Martin for the post:
Capt Zode (24 Jun 2017, 13:19)
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

User avatar
Paul B Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2065
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
Location: UK
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: What have you been doing, other than boating ?

Post by Paul B » 24 Jun 2017, 10:57

Without sounding like the safety police, I would suggest you get either a longer light board or put some reflective triangles on the corners , but that apart, nice job, :thumbsup
These users thanked the author Paul B for the post:
Capt Zode (24 Jun 2017, 13:18)

Post Reply

Return to “Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter”