Page 1 of 1

Hi from Denmark

Posted: 03 Aug 2021, 07:49
by mike_o
Hello all you good people. I found this site while "researching" before purchasing my first boat. I've decided on a 335cm catamaran type, the Aqua Marina Aircat. I'm not yet sure about which motor to get, but will probably go for a 5 HP Hidea, as the 9.9 is rather heavy.

The boat is intended for fun and fishing on calm days in the sea (Kattegat & Oresund). I'm most likely also going to experiment with adding hydrofoils (real ones, not the one on the outboard), if I can find suitable hardpoints for mounting.

The picture shows the 285cm version

Re: Hi from Denmark

Posted: 03 Aug 2021, 12:41
by Flymike
Hi Mike
Not familiar with Hidea but that 5HP looks an attractive choice at 22Kgs. You may also look at getting the prop cupped as it seems to be widely recommended for cat designs.
Mike

Re: Hi from Denmark

Posted: 03 Aug 2021, 21:02
by rogerblack
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures/videos once you're on the water.

Re: Hi from Denmark

Posted: 04 Aug 2021, 06:57
by Martin
Hi Mike,
Those little Cat type boat are great fun and go quite well with the little outboards.
Hidea are a Chinese copy type outboard that are available in the UK too, They don't get a great following here as parts seem very hard to come by.
The Suzuki 6hp is a cracking outboard and is only 25kg in weight, verty reliable and portable.

Martin :cheers

Re: Hi from Denmark

Posted: 04 Aug 2021, 07:43
by mike_o
Thanks all. The Hidea representative claims that the motors share 80% of their parts with Yamaha and they have an extensive parts list. I have no idea of the inventory status, though ;)

I'll keep you posted - perhaps in the proper sub forum.