Page 1 of 1

True Kit 280 Discovery

Posted: 26 Jul 2021, 16:54
by Flymike
Hi all

Been skulking around here for many months and finally taken the plunge. Not new to boating but I am a virgin when it comes to inflatables. Here's my new toy.

Cheers
Mike

Re: True Kit 280 Discovery

Posted: 26 Jul 2021, 17:38
by harrison
Very nice Mike. Always fancied a TrueKit cat.

What motor will you be bolting on the back.

Re: True Kit 280 Discovery

Posted: 26 Jul 2021, 19:06
by Flymike
I've got an Epropulsion electric motor on order. I may get a 6hp petrol later on but the aim is to be as portable as possible.

Re: True Kit 280 Discovery

Posted: 27 Jul 2021, 07:30
by harrison
Will be interested to hear how it goes with the Epropulsion.

Enjoy your new rig. :thumbsup

Re: True Kit 280 Discovery

Posted: 27 Jul 2021, 10:09
by Flymike
Epropulsion are pulling good reviews. It's getting hold of one that is the problem!

Re: True Kit 280 Discovery

Posted: 28 Jul 2021, 16:37
by Tyger
Very nice, I've got a 380 lx Takacat on order if they ever arrive lol.
What are you going to be using it for?

Re: True Kit 280 Discovery

Posted: 30 Jul 2021, 07:59
by Flymike
I'm in West Wales and I'm going to be sneaking in and out of rocky coves targetting bass and pollack on lures. The portability and stealth should give me the same options that I used to have with my kayak but without less effort and more range 😃

Re: True Kit 280 Discovery

Posted: 01 Aug 2021, 14:51
by Tyger
Cool.... similar to me but on the menai straits.

Re: True Kit 280 Discovery

Posted: 05 Aug 2021, 06:39
by Tommo
I’ve had a Discovery 330 for around 6 months now but waited a while for my motor to arrive. I went for a Suzuki 9.9 four stroke, I’m new to sibs so can’t compare to other boats but so far I love it, I have years of experience fishing from kayaks but went down this route due to an injury but I didn’t want to stop fishing.
I’m not sure if it’s engine specific but I get a lot of spray back through the drain slots in the transom, I tried raising the motor about 3/4 inch with a piece of wood (can’t go higher as I’d run out of transom) which helped slightly but in any kind of chop it made the ventilation worse so I’ve stopped raising the motor up.
That said once on the plain and at 3/4 throttle I’ve had 19mph which I’m very happy with and to be honest it’s not that often it’s calm enough to move along at that speed, once I’ve had the first service done I’ll see what it’s like opened up fully on the plain.
I bought an itiwit 12v electric pump from Decathlon, I wish I hadn’t now I can blow the boat up quicker with the supplied bravo hand pump, I think I’ll get a rechargeable leaf blower that a lad on one of the face book groups uses and use the hand pump for the final pressure.
The support and customer service from Truekit are great, I waited quite a while for my boat to arrive (probably due to COVID) and when it did it had been bashed about and the hand pump was smash, I emailed Rod at Truekit and he promptly sent out a replacement. I did complain to FedEx but still haven’t had a reply, they do hit you with an import duty though!
Any pointers from experienced sib users would be welcome 👍🏻 I’ll attach a video of my first trip which shows the boat on the water etc.

Re: True Kit 280 Discovery

Posted: 21 Aug 2021, 15:57
by warder54
Nice vids - Subscribed :-)