Page 1 of 1

Bristol with a Honwave T40

Posted: 27 Mar 2021, 18:56
by Tom-T40
Hi there,

Just got login sorted with kind help from Admin.

I’m on my second year with a Honwave T40 with a 20HP Honda. It’s a heavy boat, but with aluminium floor feels very stable, which family appreciated. I trailer it and although I have launch wheels fitted I’ve only launched it from trailer with with the car so far.

I’ve launched from Weston super Mare and down in Cornwall near Fowey. Be great to learn some new places to go, I’m keen to do a trip up the Avon to Bristol and the Severn Estuary is quite an exciting prospect, probably better in a group. So will be looking out for advice or a meet up.

Cheers all.

Tom

Re: Bristol with a Honwave T40

Posted: 27 Mar 2021, 20:45
by ChrisParish
Hi Tom and :welcome to the forum!
Once the lockdown restrictions lift fully I am very keen to try and get some meets organised.

I know very little about the Severn Estuary other than it has some mighty big tides.

Hope to see you around!

Re: Bristol with a Honwave T40

Posted: 25 Apr 2021, 07:00
by DorsetshireDave
Hey Tom. You used it much yet. Solid RIBlike once on water but they are heavy. Just fitting launch wheels to my new T40ae 2020/21. The hole and onboard bracket will foul the ID plate. Any pic of you location? I am fitting genuine honda wheels new style ones... pull down flip up.
Cheers bud

Re: Bristol with a Honwave T40

Posted: 02 May 2021, 12:43
by Tom-T40
Hi Dave,

Been out a few times, I think the extra size and weight helps in the more choppy sea and with a few more on board. But disorder if it’s too big. I don’t pack it down, just keep it on trailer.

And yes, launch wheel brackets go over the ID plate, really annoying, but I just drilled through it following the template like you show.

I can dig out some photos of it helps? I’ve not actually taken cover off yet this year!

Cheers Tom