Bristol with a Honwave T40

New to the forum?? Please pop in and say “Hi”
Introduce yourself and tell us about your boating interests/experiences or any other hobbies you may have.
Post Reply
Tom-T40 England
I'm New
Posts: 5
Joined: 15 Aug 2020, 19:12
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Bristol
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Bristol with a Honwave T40

Post by Tom-T40 » 27 Mar 2021, 18:56

Hi there,

Just got login sorted with kind help from Admin.

I’m on my second year with a Honwave T40 with a 20HP Honda. It’s a heavy boat, but with aluminium floor feels very stable, which family appreciated. I trailer it and although I have launch wheels fitted I’ve only launched it from trailer with with the car so far.

I’ve launched from Weston super Mare and down in Cornwall near Fowey. Be great to learn some new places to go, I’m keen to do a trip up the Avon to Bristol and the Severn Estuary is quite an exciting prospect, probably better in a group. So will be looking out for advice or a meet up.

Cheers all.

Tom

User avatar
ChrisParish Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 2049
Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
MMSI Number: 235916094
Location: Poole
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 636 times

Re: Bristol with a Honwave T40

Post by ChrisParish » 27 Mar 2021, 20:45

Hi Tom and :welcome to the forum!
Once the lockdown restrictions lift fully I am very keen to try and get some meets organised.

I know very little about the Severn Estuary other than it has some mighty big tides.

Hope to see you around!
These users thanked the author ChrisParish for the post:
DorsetshireDave (25 Apr 2021, 07:39)
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.

DorsetshireDave Great Britain
I'm New
Posts: 6
Joined: 25 Apr 2021, 06:30
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Poole
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Bristol with a Honwave T40

Post by DorsetshireDave » 25 Apr 2021, 07:00

Hey Tom. You used it much yet. Solid RIBlike once on water but they are heavy. Just fitting launch wheels to my new T40ae 2020/21. The hole and onboard bracket will foul the ID plate. Any pic of you location? I am fitting genuine honda wheels new style ones... pull down flip up.
Cheers bud
Attachments
20210424_182200.jpg
20210424_184721.jpg
20210424_182135.jpg
These users thanked the author DorsetshireDave for the post:
SARfixer (25 Apr 2021, 20:22)

Tom-T40 England
I'm New
Posts: 5
Joined: 15 Aug 2020, 19:12
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Bristol
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bristol with a Honwave T40

Post by Tom-T40 » 02 May 2021, 12:43

Hi Dave,

Been out a few times, I think the extra size and weight helps in the more choppy sea and with a few more on board. But disorder if it’s too big. I don’t pack it down, just keep it on trailer.

And yes, launch wheel brackets go over the ID plate, really annoying, but I just drilled through it following the template like you show.

I can dig out some photos of it helps? I’ve not actually taken cover off yet this year!

Cheers Tom

Post Reply

Return to “Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER”