New to boating and thanks for having me here :)
Posted: 18 Nov 2020, 23:54
Hi all. Firstly thanks for having me here - i look forward to having a chat with ya all and getting into good discussions.
Anyway bit about me - I'm Adrian, 45, from Grays in Essex and plan to sail out of Crouch. I did hold a ppl pilots licence many moons ago - things happened a breakup caused a loss in career / business and through this ended up being a whistle blower. I fell ill which I believe was due to stress by speaking out and ended up disabled.
Me and my bro always wanted a cruiser as kids, but it was like one morning (few months ago) I woke up and said I want a boat - so me and my brother have gone in together - basically I cant launch solo so my bro does have his uses lol... By budget has gone out the window - I ended up going for the Excel vanguard 365 and tohatsu 20hp e series - . the boat should be with me by the end of the year, engine is due for delivery about feb 2021 - its very infectious boating you spend miles more than ya budget
I've been watching tips and tricks on you tube - and was thinking kids have it so lucky now days I would have done really well at school if you tube and google was around lol all from anchor retrieval, engines falling of transoms kill chord fails and cars that end up dunked. I don't plan to end up on you been framed lol.....
I have gone for a suprod trailer which I have been told really make launching easy when the boat has far to travel to the waters edge - but also transom wheels for close launches.
I am having trouble with clothing though been advised dry suit is better than wet suit but cant find trousers to fit my size - oh the joys of steroids lol
One of the things i do do is like making things so plan to make a few gadgets for the boat such as a mini console - until i get the boat then I can start making things I also do signs so I am trying to source a marine grade vinyl to name my boat.
Naming - my mate suggested ss destroyer - the story being I blew the whistle on corruption in social services and fake psychologists, ruining my police career by doing so. I don't think the coastguard would welcome on the radio hello this is ss destroyer lol although it may pave the way for all the big ships to get out of my way lol. seriously i thought of Apt voyager "apt" being my initials.
My power boat 2 course was cancelled due to lockdown but hey ho there is always another day
anyway enough about me but good to chat to ya all .
stay safe
Anyway bit about me - I'm Adrian, 45, from Grays in Essex and plan to sail out of Crouch. I did hold a ppl pilots licence many moons ago - things happened a breakup caused a loss in career / business and through this ended up being a whistle blower. I fell ill which I believe was due to stress by speaking out and ended up disabled.
Me and my bro always wanted a cruiser as kids, but it was like one morning (few months ago) I woke up and said I want a boat - so me and my brother have gone in together - basically I cant launch solo so my bro does have his uses lol... By budget has gone out the window - I ended up going for the Excel vanguard 365 and tohatsu 20hp e series - . the boat should be with me by the end of the year, engine is due for delivery about feb 2021 - its very infectious boating you spend miles more than ya budget
I've been watching tips and tricks on you tube - and was thinking kids have it so lucky now days I would have done really well at school if you tube and google was around lol all from anchor retrieval, engines falling of transoms kill chord fails and cars that end up dunked. I don't plan to end up on you been framed lol.....
I have gone for a suprod trailer which I have been told really make launching easy when the boat has far to travel to the waters edge - but also transom wheels for close launches.
I am having trouble with clothing though been advised dry suit is better than wet suit but cant find trousers to fit my size - oh the joys of steroids lol
One of the things i do do is like making things so plan to make a few gadgets for the boat such as a mini console - until i get the boat then I can start making things I also do signs so I am trying to source a marine grade vinyl to name my boat.
Naming - my mate suggested ss destroyer - the story being I blew the whistle on corruption in social services and fake psychologists, ruining my police career by doing so. I don't think the coastguard would welcome on the radio hello this is ss destroyer lol although it may pave the way for all the big ships to get out of my way lol. seriously i thought of Apt voyager "apt" being my initials.
My power boat 2 course was cancelled due to lockdown but hey ho there is always another day
anyway enough about me but good to chat to ya all .
stay safe