Page 1 of 2
New to SIB's
Posted: 03 Jul 2020, 15:46
by NeilJ
Hi All, I'm new to SIB's but owned many boats over the years. Last Saturday picked up my new Honwave T3.2ie & Mariner 6hp

. It all went a bit downhill from there

, replacement T32 arrives mid July so hope this ones better. Not even got on the water. Long story short blew it up to fit transom wheels and found a seam not bonded fully. Dealer has been excellent during this.
Re: New to SIB's
Posted: 03 Jul 2020, 16:05
by ChrisParish
Hi NeilJ and

to the forum!
I’m sorry to hear about your problem with the seam, but at least the dealer will sort it for you.
A T32 with a Mariner 6 is a nice little light weight combo - where are you based / where will you be using the boat?
Any questions please shout!
Re: New to SIB's
Posted: 03 Jul 2020, 16:21
by NeilJ
Hi Chris, Thanks for the welcome, I'm located SE of Chard so my launching points will be Charmouth (across the beach) West Bay or Lyme Regis depending what the wind id doing. Dealer has been great.
Re: New to SIB's
Posted: 03 Jul 2020, 16:41
by PeterM
Hi Neil... Great places to boat from.. you may find me there diving one of the passenger ribs from west bay from time to time.
Great set up for that run of cost and getting to the beaches that you just can't get to otherwise

Re: New to SIB's
Posted: 19 Jul 2020, 16:11
by Erniesib
Hi Neil, new to group myself. Got Honwave T32 as well, but at least mine keeps the air where it should be! I'm in Bridport, so once your up and running if you want to buddy up be happy to meet up. Belong to Axe Boat Club but also go season ticket to West Bay/Lyme slipway.
Re: New to SIB's
Posted: 21 Jul 2020, 19:59
by NeilJ
hi all, just a quick update that I collected the replacement T32 today. All looks to be good with this one so off to Portland harbour to do some engine running in tomorrow.
Re: New to SIB's
Posted: 21 Jul 2020, 20:01
by NeilJ
Erniesib wrote: ↑19 Jul 2020, 16:11
Hi Neil, new to group myself. Got Honwave T32 as well, but at least mine keeps the air where it should be! I'm in Bridport, so once your up and running if you want to buddy up be happy to meet up. Belong to Axe Boat Club but also go season ticket to West Bay/Lyme slipway.
Hi Ernie, will definitely meet up soon. Just got to run the engine in.
Re: New to SIB's
Posted: 22 Jul 2020, 11:31
by tryingitout
Hi, I'm new to this but pick up a FRIB 360 on Saturday. gone for a suzuki 20 hp. I'm also looking at a minn kota 55 as a trolling/recovery. Has anyone got one of these on their FRIB? I'm looking at fishing out around skegness area as well as cromer. Has anyone got any advice that they would like to share?
Re: New to SIB's
Posted: 22 Jul 2020, 13:44
by warder54
Hi @tryingitout
I have an F-Rib 360, USED to have a 55lb thrust electric trolling motor, OK for trolling but unless in a canal or small lake/loch - forget it as actual propulsion. Tried it for a days pottering in the Norfolk broads, it was painfully slow and was almost stopped by wash from other boats. No way would I use it as a "get you home" at sea or large lake. Would have been faster using the oars.
Re: New to SIB's
Posted: 22 Jul 2020, 15:25
by NeilJ
Ok, so 3 hours of pottering around in Weymouth Bay all I can say is what a hoot. The T32 is a great boat even with 6hp. I am very pleased with it to say the least.