Page 1 of 1
Hi from North Kent coast
Posted: 12 Jun 2020, 11:15
by Oldman
I am a sea fisherman in my 70's and in my younger years owned a few offshore dinghys, mainly Bonwitco 400 & 450 but as age increased the ability to launch and recover quite heavy boats waned. So a few years ago I bought a much smaller whit 200 10ft double skin dinghy and Suzuki 9hp outboard, but even though the boat is kept on the beach its now just too heavy to manage on my own up and down a steep shingle beach.
So, I am contemplating an inflatable dinghy of a size suited to one or two people for inshore (1mile max) fishing in fairly calm weather that can be lifted out of my tailgate area by me on my own & used with either the Suzuki 9hp or an electric outboard on days when I don't want to carry the 9hp outboard.
So if someone would please like to point me in the right forum direction I will go post my request for hardware assistance there.
Re: Hi from North Kent coast
Posted: 12 Jun 2020, 12:08
by ChrisParish
Hi Oldman and

to the forum!
What sort of budget do you have in mind? For light weight, portable and good sea keeping the F-RIB 275 is a fairly good bet, but it is relatively expensive. Other than that, the Honwave T32 airfloor is not a bad weight and would plane easily one-up or possibly 2 up if you are light.
Re: Hi from North Kent coast
Posted: 12 Jun 2020, 15:32
by Oldman
Hi Chris, thanks for the welcome and suggestions. I have or had a budget of £1000 when I came here, but looking at the F-RIB 275 made me want to double it and add some more, but I think as nice as it seems to be, that will need to be a maybe in the future purchase.
I already didnt get value for money from my Whit 200/Suzuki purchase due to the difficulty with weight and access to where the boat is kept, so I think baby steps for the moment and see how much use I get from a cheaper dinghy.
So as this is the welcome forum, where would my quest be best placed forum wise with the chance the conversation may assist others following in my wake?
Re: Hi from North Kent coast
Posted: 12 Jun 2020, 15:40
by ChrisParish
Head over to the “Thinking of buying” section and start a new topic over there. That should be a good place.
Re: Hi from North Kent coast
Posted: 13 Jun 2020, 06:19
by IanH 72
Hi Oldman,
Welcome to the forum.
There is a F-rib dealership based in Faversham (F-rib South East), I’m sure if you contact Alan he would be happy to show you the 275 if you contact him. I met him and found him very helpful and down to earth. I’m now saving to get either a 360 or 375.
Ian
Re: Hi from North Kent coast
Posted: 13 Jun 2020, 07:31
by Oldman
Thanks Ian, yes I already emailed them though google failed to find their shop.
Re: Hi from North Kent coast
Posted: 13 Jun 2020, 09:18
by IanH 72
Hi Oldman,
You have to drive through Morrison’s car park to get to them. They are in the building to the right of the bottle bank from memory. Alan has his own web site
www.frib-se.co.uk you can get Alan’s mobile number from it.
Ian