Page 1 of 1

Hello!

Posted: 04 Jun 2020, 09:12
by BigBuoysToys
I've always had a liking for water. my dad was a submariner on diesel subs and the salt water obviously seeped through. Started with Sibs when I started diving in the early 80's. First boat was an Avon 12 footer with a Volvo Archimedes Penta 360. Very smooth and so easy to start. Still is! I've a 25hp Evinrude and a seagull as well.

I bought the Avon second hand but it lasted for years often carrying 4 kitted divers and quite honestly boat and engine never let me down, even water skiing. The boat had an inflatable keel, didn't they all then, and a polished wooden floor. I made a bow cover of wood with a short collapsable centre pole and front pulley wheel which held and controlled the anchor reel and line. It worked well and stopped tube rubbing.

Had an 18 foot Dunlop for some years afterwards which seemed like a ferry in comparison. Just bought a Honwave T40 and am amazed at how inflatables have advanced in the time. Just modifying the trailer at the moment to give better transom support and can't wait to get her out on the sea. Looking forward to that exhilaration again. Happy boating to you all!

Re: Hello!

Posted: 04 Jun 2020, 10:03
by sonny1
let me be the first to say hi , im sure youll enjoy it on here :welcome

Re: Hello!

Posted: 04 Jun 2020, 10:47
by BigBuoysToys
Thanks a bunch; I'm sure I will but even more so when I finally get the boat on the water. A bit to do first but launch day can't come too quickly. Look forward to partaking in the forum. All the best.

Re: Hello!

Posted: 04 Jun 2020, 13:11
by ChrisParish
Hi BigBouysToys and :welcome to the forum!

Post some pics when you can - during these troubled times our land-locked members are having to live vicariously!

Re: Hello!

Posted: 04 Jun 2020, 13:46
by BigBuoysToys
I will but it may be a few days while I get other things like a backlog of trips to the tip sorted!! Us jetsetters eh!!