Page 1 of 1
T40 honda Honwave
Posted: 25 Aug 2019, 11:30
by tomo1066
My name is Tomo and I have had dealings with boats of one kind or another since I was 12. I now have a T40 Honda Honwave, what is the recommended hp outboard carrying 2 persons in order to get up on the plane. It is brand new we have just bought it.
Re: T40 honda Honwave
Posted: 25 Aug 2019, 12:41
by ChrisParish
I would say 9.9 as a bare minimum. 15 or 20hp would be my recommendation. Suzuki or Mercury / Mariner are the current brands of choice here on the forum.
Re: T40 honda Honwave
Posted: 26 Aug 2019, 08:48
by Patrick-H
As big as you can afford or lift within the spec of the boat

A 15 and 20 are typically the same size/weight, so for the £300+ difference if you're at this size, I'd go for the 20.
Re: T40 honda Honwave
Posted: 26 Aug 2019, 08:51
by tomo1066
Many thanks for your replies.