Page 1 of 1

New member

Posted: 16 Apr 2019, 22:47
by smokinjoescbr
Hello everyone,

I've been watching some forum members videos on youtube and though this looks like a cool group to join. I am fairly new to sibs having only had my zodiac cadet 310 for a few years now. It has served me well mostly for motoring around the lakes here in southern california, but i'm going to be upgrading soon (after watching your videos) to something that might be better suited to some blue water adventures.

Re: New member

Posted: 17 Apr 2019, 03:41
by ChrisParish
Hi smokinjoescbr! :welcome to the forum!

My first boat was a Zodiac cadet 310 as well and I have done hundreds of hours in it over the years. What are you looking at as a replacement?

Re: New member

Posted: 17 Apr 2019, 06:25
by simonk
Welcome!
I must admit to being envious of both your climate and inland waterways.

Re: New member

Posted: 17 Apr 2019, 06:54
by Sarah
:welcome

Re: New member

Posted: 18 Apr 2019, 01:10
by smokinjoescbr
simonk, the weather here is beautiful most of the year especially on the coast. Inland, especially at the mountain lakes it can get cold but nothing that would prevent a person from going out on the water.

Chris, I put a deposit on a Achilles SGX-122 at the nearest inflatable store (about 1.5 hours away) in Ventura California, it looks to be a quality boat from what I can tell and its Hypalon!

Re: New member

Posted: 18 Apr 2019, 04:44
by ChrisParish
I have had a look at the specs for that boat and it looks good. My Honwave is PVC but as it doesn’t live outside and probably only does around 100 hours a year it doesn’t really matter.
Post some pics when you get it!

Re: New member

Posted: 05 May 2019, 02:12
by smokinjoescbr
Just picked up the Achilles today, the shop was having their annual tent sale so I was able to get the boat, a set of danard dinghy wheels, an under seat bag, and the registration for less than the sticker price of the boat!! I will try and get some pics up soon. The build quality of the boat is fantastic, with a little care I think the boat will last me for many years. The only downside to the boat is its a heavy beast to lug around in the bag, but I do have a hand truck I could use to get it around.

Re: New member

Posted: 05 May 2019, 07:33
by ChrisParish
Excellent! Glad you managed to get a deal. I look forward to seeing some pictures.

Re: New member

Posted: 14 May 2019, 14:05
by richard_thomson
smokinjoescbr wrote: ↑
05 May 2019, 02:12
Just picked up the Achilles today, the shop was having their annual tent sale so I was able to get the boat, a set of danard dinghy wheels, an under seat bag, and the registration for less than the sticker price of the boat!! I will try and get some pics up soon. The build quality of the boat is fantastic, with a little care I think the boat will last me for many years. The only downside to the boat is its a heavy beast to lug around in the bag, but I do have a hand truck I could use to get it around.
Hi @smokinjoescbr and welcome! Looking forward to seeing your set-up and some photos in the California sun! :cheers