Evening all! New member - VERY old boat :-)
-
marky0283
- I'm New
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 13 May 2018, 22:55
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Buckingham
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 1 time
Evening all! New member - VERY old boat :-)
Hiya,
Just joined the forums so thought I would pop in and say "hi". Great to see a site dedicated to smaller inflatables :-)
I have an old Avon Redshank which I got for 80 quid a while ago. Not had the chance to sort it out yet but need to upgrade the old A4 valves to some new C7 ones. The boat needs a bloody good clean, possibly even painting, the wooden floor needs a refurb as does the engine mount!
Hoping to get it done over the next couple of months as and when I can nip to the garage and work on it.
From Buckingham if anybody is interested haha.
Just joined the forums so thought I would pop in and say "hi". Great to see a site dedicated to smaller inflatables :-)
I have an old Avon Redshank which I got for 80 quid a while ago. Not had the chance to sort it out yet but need to upgrade the old A4 valves to some new C7 ones. The boat needs a bloody good clean, possibly even painting, the wooden floor needs a refurb as does the engine mount!
Hoping to get it done over the next couple of months as and when I can nip to the garage and work on it.
From Buckingham if anybody is interested haha.
-
rogerblack
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 884
- Joined: 02 Jun 2015, 19:51
- Boat Make: Honwave T32ie airfloor
- Outboard: Mercury 15hp 2-st
- MMSI Number: 235913495
- Location: Fife, Scotland & Wokingham,Berkshire
- Has thanked: 209 times
- Been thanked: 240 times
Re: Evening all! New member - VERY old boat :-)
Hi and
I'm based in Berkshire for around half the year, on and off, not far from Reading - whereabouts in Bucks are you?
Were you planning on going out on the Thames or heading south to the sea?
Good luck with getting the Avon ready to launch, look forward to seeing some pics.
cheers
Roger

“Teach a man to fish and he’ll turn around and try to teach you to fish like he invented it and you’re an idiot”
Roger
“Teach a man to fish and he’ll turn around and try to teach you to fish like he invented it and you’re an idiot”
-
Cliff
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 321
- Joined: 31 Dec 2017, 11:47
- Boat Make: Highfield CL310 Rib
- Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp efi
Demon 5.2hp 2 smoke - Location: Sunny Wigan
- Has thanked: 95 times
- Been thanked: 66 times
Re: Evening all! New member - VERY old boat :-)
-
marky0283
- I'm New
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 13 May 2018, 22:55
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Buckingham
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 1 time
Re: Evening all! New member - VERY old boat :-)
Hi thanks everyone :-)
Rogerblack - I am very close to Buckingham. Planing to go on the Thames, have an inflatable canoe that I pop in at Ferry Lane in Medmenham. Takes just over an hour to get there though so would like to find somewhere a little closer to home if I can.
Cliff - I will attempt to get some pics along the way :-)
Rogerblack - I am very close to Buckingham. Planing to go on the Thames, have an inflatable canoe that I pop in at Ferry Lane in Medmenham. Takes just over an hour to get there though so would like to find somewhere a little closer to home if I can.
Cliff - I will attempt to get some pics along the way :-)
-
The Hobbit
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 724
- Joined: 10 Jul 2017, 15:03
- Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
- Outboard: 1985 Yamaha 2 stroke 15 D
- MMSI Number: 235904468
- Location: Farnborough Hampshire
- Has thanked: 100 times
- Been thanked: 174 times
Re: Evening all! New member - VERY old boat :-)
Hi Marky and

I'm not really a Hobbit, just look like one. Real name is "Andy".
All my movies in one place:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvarVX ... subscriber
All my movies in one place:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvarVX ... subscriber
-
rogerblack
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 884
- Joined: 02 Jun 2015, 19:51
- Boat Make: Honwave T32ie airfloor
- Outboard: Mercury 15hp 2-st
- MMSI Number: 235913495
- Location: Fife, Scotland & Wokingham,Berkshire
- Has thanked: 209 times
- Been thanked: 240 times
Re: Evening all! New member - VERY old boat :-)
Hi Marky,marky0283 wrote:Hi thanks everyone :-)
Rogerblack - I am very close to Buckingham. Planing to go on the Thames, have an inflatable canoe that I pop in at Ferry Lane in Medmenham. Takes just over an hour to get there though so would like to find somewhere a little closer to home if I can.
...
I know the one at Medmenham. Haven't used any nearer your location but not sure whether this may help you find one:
http://www.f-ribsandsibs.com/viewtopic. ... it=+thames
cheers
Roger

“Teach a man to fish and he’ll turn around and try to teach you to fish like he invented it and you’re an idiot”
Roger
“Teach a man to fish and he’ll turn around and try to teach you to fish like he invented it and you’re an idiot”
-
marky0283
- I'm New
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 13 May 2018, 22:55
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Buckingham
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 1 time
Re: Evening all! New member - VERY old boat :-)
Thanks, I will take a look!rogerblack wrote:Hi Marky,marky0283 wrote:Hi thanks everyone :-)
Rogerblack - I am very close to Buckingham. Planing to go on the Thames, have an inflatable canoe that I pop in at Ferry Lane in Medmenham. Takes just over an hour to get there though so would like to find somewhere a little closer to home if I can.
...
I know the one at Medmenham. Haven't used any nearer your location but not sure whether this may help you find one:
http://www.f-ribsandsibs.com/viewtopic. ... it=+thames


