Page 1 of 2

New member

Posted: 17 Jul 2017, 19:57
by Steuk60
Hi all, just popping up to say hello. I'm not yet an owner of any sib or boat of any description, but looking to correct that asap, on the hunt for probably a used 2.9, 3mtr or something of that size. Any advice, or heads up on any used units would be helpful. Thanks. Stewart..oh! Main use would be to get out to the fish I can't reach from the shore lol.

Re: New member

Posted: 17 Jul 2017, 20:24
by Paul B
Hi and welcome to the forum, :welcome
You will get lots of advise on what's the best sib, but it all depends on your budget and how you intend to transport it
I have a Honwave t32 with a 4 stroke 15hp Suzuki and think it's the best thing going, but I'm biased as it's my boat , others will say another make and type, have a good nosey around and I'm sure others will be along to give there thoughts :cheers

Re: New member

Posted: 17 Jul 2017, 21:39
by Martin
Hi there Steuk60, :welcome to our little forum.

There are so many different variety's of craft out there but with a bit more info we can hopefully point you in the right sort of direction.
Here's a link to the air floor/hull type design of sib :Link http://f-ribsandsibs.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=53
Have a little read of that and hopefully that will give you some idea of the floor type you think you want.

A F-Rib is a superb design, they have a rigid articulated 3 section hull that folds up to a squarish shape, Very stable but usually heavier than the air floor / hull sibs.

A rib is a solid construction hull.. All one piece, for that you will need a trailer.

Are your requirements likely to change soon, ie family joining you or will it just be you on the boat?
What sort of weights can you carry?
What storage arrangements do you have in place?
Is a trailered boat something that fits your needs?
Do you have a specific budget in mind just for the boat / Outboard or a whole package?

Sorry for all the questions but it's best to get them all fired out at once so each member can see them and add to them or point you in the right direction.

Re: New member

Posted: 18 Jul 2017, 10:59
by Steuk60
I'm drawn to the honwave, I go away with the caravan, usually to seaside sites as I fish,too much! Something portable would suit, i.e., keep in the van to travel. I also have a wee trailer that I use for the odd car boot and I can put one on that if I were to get something I can keep inflated, would use the garage for that. Budget? Maybe around 1200, 1300 for a half decent package, second hand of course. Did think of honwave new, then get outboard for it later.it would be mostly used myself, occasionally maybe with a mate? General fishing in bays and estuaries is all I would do, just something to get out to the fish when the shore fishing is pants, as it is now.got a couple of sibs to look at, I'll hang back to get a decent buy, no rush! Been there and seen it, done it before, jumping in too quickly, and get bitten. I'll update as I go along. Thanks for the replies, will be looking out for as much info as I can muster. Cheers,, stewart..

Re: New member

Posted: 18 Jul 2017, 14:56
by Paul B
Cannot fault the Honwave, good price well made and lots about, if it's just mainly for you and you want ease of using it
The T32ie is a great sib, light weight compared to wooden or Ali floored sibs, handles the chop superbly and with a 9-15 up engine on the back it's a very handy set up,

Re: New member

Posted: 18 Jul 2017, 17:23
by sparerib
Steuk60......Nice to see another Fifer on the forum !

I've got a small rib, if you want to come and have a look, sounds like you are set on a sib, but it might be useful to compare?

Chuck me a PM if you want to come and have a look I'm near St Andrews.

Cheers

Re: New member

Posted: 18 Jul 2017, 21:42
by Paul
Hi there Stewart and :welcome to the forum.

Good to have you aboard :thumbsup and as you can see there's plenty of help on here if you ask :chat
Good luck on your quest with purchase of the best setup to suit your needs :drive
:cheers

Re: New member

Posted: 18 Jul 2017, 22:00
by rogerblack
Hi Stewart and :welcome to the forum.

Whereabouts in the Kingdom are you? I'm based in Kinghorn over the summer, usually launch from the slipway at Burntisland.
If you want to meet up and check out my Honwave give me a shout.

:cheers

Re: New member

Posted: 19 Jul 2017, 09:46
by komplexpro
Hi Stewart and :welcome to the forum.

I have an Excel SD330 with a Mercury 9.9 4strk and its great fun, here's a link of my SIB https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8tgo5S66oA
Cheers

Re: New member

Posted: 20 Jul 2017, 18:56
by Andy B
:welcome